Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Type 4, 4 qt oil level mark.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CG-914
Hi everybody,

Does anybody have a measurement for 4 qts engine oil fill over the 2.0 oil dipstick max mark?

With the oil cooler and tuna can I can't determent the height for 4 qt fill on a stock engine anymore...

driving.gif

Thanks!
Mark Henry
The full mark should be the same.
Yes it will take more oil and you may have to run it for a minute to fill the oil lines and filter, then check and top up to the full mark.

Filter is about a half quart, if the cooler is in the rear maybe another half quart extra. Run for a 15-30 seconds, let sit a few minutes and check level.
Cooler and lines will fill in seconds, I'd expect to see the idiot light to go out in less than 10 seconds.
CG-914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 5 2019, 04:43 PM) *

The full mark should be the same.
Yes it will take more oil and you may have to run it for a minute to fill the oil lines and filter, then check and top up to the full mark.

Filter is about a half quart, if the cooler is in the rear maybe another half quart extra. Run for a 15-30 seconds, let sit a few minutes and check level.
Cooler and lines will fill in seconds, I'd expect to see the idiot light to go out in less than 10 seconds.

Yes, but for cornering on the track, I want to 'overfill' the engine, with the old trick of 4 qts instead of the 3.5 qts that it would take to fill the engine to the dip stick MAX mark.

But I guess in this lies the answer, I could fill it up to MAX and add 0.5 qts....
Mark Henry
The add/full marks on the dipstick are about half a quart.
Highland
Somewhat unrelated, but when full and cold is the oil above or below the lifters or pushrod tube openings?
Dave_Darling
Should be below, by a decent margin!

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.