Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuse box location 914/6 GT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crsedge
Hi All,

This may be a weird question, but I was wondering whether the 914/6 GT fuse box is located in the same position as in a 914/4?

I am in the final stages of assembly of my conversion of a 1975 914 to a 914/6 GT and have just installed the Mad Dog 6 cylinder engine mount. The fuse box location is on the rear left side of the engine bay nearly opposite the battery tray and looks like it may be in the way when the larger 6 cylinder is installed. I would appreciate any photos and if different from the 914 any leads on locating one to purchase.

I have tried doing a search of the forum and Dr Google to no avail. Being in Australia, I don't have any reference point nearby smile.gif

Was wondering whether anyone can help confirm?

Cheers

Craig
davep
This site is what you need:
https://pbase.com/9146gt/factory_oem_9146gt...rts_relay_board
rgalla9146

On a 914 6 the relay board is located same as a 4
On a GT with real GT oil cooler plumbing the relay board is moved ,it is in the engine compartment right behind the drivers left shoulder.
DaveP provided the correct answer.
I walked the dogs after starting my entry and didn't see his response.
jkb944t
This is how I mounted my relay panel in my 914-GT tribute car.

Click to view attachment

Jeff B
crsedge
Thanks guys, most helpful as usual smile.gif

Cheers

Craig
porschetub
QUOTE(jkb944t @ Jun 7 2019, 12:09 AM) *

This is how I mounted my relay panel in my 914-GT tribute car.

Click to view attachment

Jeff B

Great solution,may do that myself,is it clear from any water getting past the engine cover?,any wire length issues with the loom ?,would be better for filter changes in my case ,thinking about an alloy mounting base nut-certed to the firewall,would welcome comments,cheers.
crsedge
Thanks davep for the link to pbase.

Does anyone have any other photos of the relay board set up from any other angles?

Cheers

Craig
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.