Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Early (skinny) interior rearview mirror
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Cairo94507
Hi Guys,
I am hoping one of you have an early, skinny, interior rearview mirror for my build. The one that was in my car was not really nice and I am not sure it returned with my car. At least I have not seen it yet. Looking for a really nice one. Let me know what you have and I will confer with the Justice League. I am not sure if they are searching for one as well. Thanks a bunch, Michael beerchug.gif popcorn[1].gif
mepstein
It would be nice if 914rubber made a really accurate version of the early mirrors

@Mikey914
914werke
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jun 11 2008, 11:52 AM) *
After a good amount of info from all sorts of people in response to this thread, (Difference in Models Year over Year) Here's what I've come up with :
Interior Mirror: small version for 70 and 71, larger for 72
Reid

It would be useful to know the dimensions of the two (or 3?) mirrors confused24.gif
rather than skinny vs fat shades.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 6 2019, 11:11 AM) *

It would be nice if 914rubber made a really accurate version of the early mirrors

@Mikey914

Just need to find one of there unicorns. I have a 70, and the windshield was replaced. No mirror. headbang.gif

Mike Fitton
These are really hard to find, they went the way of the rear snow plow valance. Newer larger mirrors had better visibility, hard to believe they didn't use these smaller versions in VW's at the time. Best bet is to try a breaker yard with an early car sitting in their yard, there is a place in Minnesota that can replace the glass on these.
IronHillRestorations
I sold and NOS one on Ebay some time back. It was totally perfect. I thought it sold kind of cheap. I think @grotvik got it (hope I did the tag right) if so he could give measurements.
914werke
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Jun 7 2019, 10:17 AM) *

I sold and NOS one on Ebay some time back. It was totally perfect. I thought it sold kind of cheap. I think @grotvik got it (hope I did the tag right) if so he could give measurements.

Thanks Perry. What about it Greg @gcrotvik were you the lucky recipient?
mepstein
I have one in decent condition that I could donate if reproductions will take place. It’s not in the condition that Cairo would want but would work fine for measurements and detail.

@Mikey914
gcrotvik
QUOTE(914werke @ Jun 7 2019, 12:42 PM) *

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Jun 7 2019, 10:17 AM) *

Thanks Perry. What about it Greg @gcrotvik were you the lucky recipient?

Hey Guys,

Yes, I have a NOS skinny mirror put away for my 6 conversion. I can get it to Mark (914Rubber) for measurements if needed.

Let me know.

Greg
sixnotfour
pics for ref.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.