Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: four hole discs for Fuchs on 911S front hubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
robin cox
Hi,

I've been offered a good deal on a full 911 front suspension set up for my 914/4, and its currently got standard discs with 4 spoke Fuchs which I'm keen to keep....so can anyone tell me if I can retain my four hole discs and wheels whilst upgrading the front brakes to 911S callipers (as the caliper mount is tailored to these larger callipers). I don't want to fork out for new discs and a new set of wheels if I can make this work?? I like my 4 spoke original Fuchs and I have a set of Pedrinis too, both of which I cannot use if I go 5 hole.

Thanks
Robin
mb911
Do you have a picture to share.. What you are describing seems unlikely set up
rgalla9146
No
Mark Henry
No the hats are different, the hub is built in on the /4, one part and is a solid thinner rotor.
On the /6 it's 2 pieces, separate hub and a bolt on rotor and is a thicker vented rotor.
Not even close.

BTW early 911 had solid rotors, still won't work and you don't really want this. Plus there's 3" and 3.5" caliper mounting holes on struts, S calipers will only fit the 3.5" struts.
Spoke
I wouldn't hesitate to convert to 5-lug and put some big boy wheels on my 914. Got the 911 front and rear suspension for $150 and picked up a beat up set of 6x16 and 7x16 Fuchs for $400.

Plus the front suspension 914-to-911 swap is quite easy and rewarding.
mepstein
Nope

Most 911 front suspensions I’ve seen for sale need $1-2k of rehab to make them right. Post what you have. There’s often a lot more needed than people realize.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.