Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 Factory Hoses under the relay board
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Literati914
I'm sure these are Djet hoses, but can someone confirm and inform where on the engine they go to. There are 2 long-ish hoses that come out (or go into idea.gif ) the corner of the engine compartment on the driver's side (under the relay board). I don't remember these on my past 914s.

Also, where could they lead to ultimately... the longs, then where ?
JeffBowlsby
For early 1974 cars and before, two hoses come from the fuel tank area for the charcoal canister on the fuel tank, to the engine bay. Its not a D-Jet thing, its all 914/4s.

Late 74 and later had the charcoal canister in teh engine bay and no need for the hoses.
Literati914
This is a '72 w/ 1.7 & stock djet - which apparently is of no consequence as far as these hoses go.

So - when I switch over to my 2.0L dual weber engine.. is there an easy and accepted method to incorporate these hoses (and the entire charcoal canister system) ?

PS- thanks a ton for posting the diagrams, very helpful.
rhodyguy
Follow the arrows. Note the one that connects to the fan shroud. That air goes to where ever the canister is located and back to the stock air filter housing ( a carb draw off). In theory it should help with the fuel stench you get with carbs. The canister you have may be filled with spent charcoal.
914Sixer
Vent hoses from gas tank and carbon canister in the front trunk. The come out the driver side front wheel and go down under the rocker panel.
IronHillRestorations
On carbs I run the return line to one of the air cleaners
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.