Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: what the F?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
my mom was using the pismo and all of a sudden the screen inverted IE white is now black and everything looks like a color negative, only very dark. None of the connections are loose, so i don't know what else could have happened....has anyone had this happen to them?
jimtab
That's just impossible, I have it on good authority from the several thousand Apple afficianidos that they NEVER screw up....
bd1308
the impossible happened man. seriously something happened and its definately not software....i can post pics if you'd like. This ain't a loose connection either....
Aaron Cox
if your as good as fixing computers as you are 914's.... you should be fine wink.gif lol2.gif

jk B dawg givemebeer.gif drunk.gif
bd1308
iss otay AA....

its either the logic board (but external video works fine) or it's the LCD....or the cable in between. For the LCD, there isn't much connections between the logic board and the screen.

So instead of buying a new mobo and a new lcd, i'm just gonna take it to a apple place...where they can test the extra stuff they have to see what is wrong.
Otmar
Back in the way old days (System 7?, I don't know it was in 1992) there was a way to invert the LCD Video in preferences. I used to do that on the old PB180 I had way back when for PCB layout. I don't know if the newer stuff has that (Tiger doesn't seem to).
Wait, Just found it. It's in the handicapped acces panel. "Universal Access"
Press Cmd, Opt, Cnt, 8 all at once, that should flip it.

If that doesn't work, I would reset the P ram. Do that by holding down the "P" and "R" keys while rebooting. Hold it for three startup chimes, then let it start normal and with any luck it will be restored to normal.

oooh, this is cool, it inverted all the colors too. Smileys turn blue.. biggrin.gif
Oh! Even better, you can "Enhance Contrast" and it screws up the video just like a Windblows machine! He he! These Macs and even play dumb happy11.gif

BTW, the Zoom feature is really handy for growing those Windblows Media Slayer shows.

Have fun!
bd1308
tried the key combo

booted into open firmware
and typed reset-nvram and reset-all

reset PRAM

still no beans

erased hard drive, booted from CD....

nothing, still inverted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.