Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silver colored Engine Tin ..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Literati914
I know someone's painted their engine tin silver, vaguely remember seeing a shot in an unrelated thread.

Anyone got a picture or two?
barefoot
had this filed away:

Click to view attachment
Literati914
OK.. not bad, kinda like that. Seems the one I remember had carbs and the car was white. Had a simple clean look. Just can't remember who's it was.

Anyone else?
nihil44
I like the silver tin as it reflects much more light than the factory black an it is a little easier to find those small dropped screws etc. Got a nice clean lookClick to view attachment
nihil44
AnotherClick to view attachment
falcor75
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Jun 9 2019, 10:39 PM) *

OK.. not bad, kinda like that. Seems the one I remember had carbs and the car was white. Had a simple clean look. Just can't remember who's it was.

Anyone else?

IPB Image

No carbs but its white... smile.gif
Literati914
QUOTE(nihil44 @ Jun 9 2019, 10:22 PM) *

I like the silver tin as it reflects much more light than the factory black an it is a little easier to find those small dropped screws etc. Got a nice clean look

Yea those are good points.. I'm leaning this way. Thanks for posting the pics!
Literati914
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Jun 9 2019, 11:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Literati914 @ Jun 9 2019, 10:39 PM) *

Anyone else?

IPB Image

No carbs but its white... smile.gif

smilie_pokal.gif THAT'S IT! the picture I remember seeing... if that's your car, kudos to you on a great engine compartment! You got a build thread?
porschetub
Think you live in a hot climate,stick with factory colour or add heat to your engine you most likely don't need.
beer.gif
falcor75
Yes its my car and thank you smile.gif Build thread link is in my signature.
Literati914
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jun 9 2019, 11:47 PM) *

Think you live in a hot climate,stick with factory colour or add heat to your engine you most likely don't need.
beer.gif

...hmm, that's an interesting thought. I am in Texas after all, and adding any heat source is not something I'd care to do. Not sure there's actually enough of a concern tho. On the other hand, maybe that's why you rarely see silver tins idea.gif . What's the general consensus on the added heat thing??

QUOTE(falcor75 @ Jun 10 2019, 12:03 AM) *

Yes its my car and thank you smile.gif Build thread link is in my signature.

Duh, should have looked in your sig first.
Falcor, I know you're in Sweden - but for the heck of it.. what's you take on the extra heat thing?
falcor75
Theoretically, a black surface will emit more heat than a silver surface but the tins are cooled by the fan then the engine is running and the airflow easily makes any difference in heat emission a moot point as far as I'm concerned. I dont think anyone has had overheating issues that has been proven to originate from the choise of paint on the engine tins.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.