Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone had trouble closing the rear lid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgraves
I can't seem to get a tight fit on my rear trunk lid when the roof is in the trunk. The lid sticks up above both my rear quarter panels. I can see where there are marks on the roof where it hits the trunk roof bracing. I've got new rubber rear trunk molding, new deck rubber holders. I've tried just about everything. It seem like the roof rubber molding is resting on the wheel housing inside the trunk.

The rear struts seem to be sticking up kind of high. I don't know if that's a problem. How much of the strut should stick through into the trunk?

Any help or advice? Thanks.
mark04usa
Photo of the problem might help. The roof should fit well if it is in the slots of the front and rear holders. Remember, the rear rubber roof holders are marked left and right, and the roof fits in the slots, not on top of the holders. beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
Likely don’t have the roof correctly positioned...
stevend914
"Has anyone had trouble closing the rear lid, with the roof in the trunk"

Only when I put my golf clubs in the trunk av-943.gif
cary
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 8 2019, 04:50 PM) *

Likely don’t have the roof correctly positioned...

What he said ............. usually the front handles need to be turned.
Rand
Are the trunk gaps good? You know, that line around. Does everything line up? Hopefully it is as simple as suggested above.

Ansbacher
I did, until I realized the latch cups in the front wall of the trunk were upside down. Check them for orientation.

Ansbacher
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.