Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP I Can't Get the Door Open!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
56kabrio
Went out to the garage to start up my '73 and couldn't get the drivers door open! WTF.gif Tried opening it with the inside door handle as well. Nothing! Pulled the door panel, removed the pull rod from the door latch and tried pulling the arm on the latch manually by inserting a 90 degree pick through the pull rod hole, again nothing. headbang.gif What do I do from here? I have a set of new door handles, but I feel like this may be the door latch sticking and not releasing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Yes, I did a search, but couldn't find anything that I haven't tried already.

Thanks in advance

Mack
GaroldShaffer
You should be able to reach inside the door up by the outside handle and pull (push) on the lever the handle would push on to open the door. Give me a few min and I can try this myself as I have a parts car in the garage with the panel off.
56kabrio
Garold

Thanks for checking.

Mack
GaroldShaffer
OK, parts car has door handle removed so you can see the level in picture #1

#1Click to view attachment

Now with the glass all the way up and from the inside of the door reach under the glass by the outside handle you should feel that lever. Pull on that and push on the door and it should open. Picture #2 shows door with handle installed, but no glass. I was able to reach this on the other parts car I have here with the glass still in it (hard to take picture of area).

#2Click to view attachment

Hope this helps. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.