Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black Sabbath update!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
smilie_pokal.gif Well guys and gals, it has been a long tough road for myself and my hi-po gokart. Got my engine back together after the rimco ream job fiasco--for those not in the know, they line bored my case w/o my express approval, then they did not tell me about it, and they also neglected to charge me,......guess they knew they made a mistake and decided to plead the fifth or something confused24.gif

Anyway, after the complete teardown of my motor for the second time I decided it to be in my best pervue to just go ahead and do a blueprint job as best I could. Well, when I finished with it everything fit like a glove.

Before I go any farther I want to give a very big THANK YOU! to my fellow teenerphile Nando, AKA--- martinf. If it were not for you buddy, I would not have been able to do it.

We actually got a pretty late start--about 3 pm. I still had allot of little work to do before the motor went in, that and my constantly going back to various vendors for stuff I should have bought when I was there 20 mins ago,,oh well, sigh---The heat was extraordinarily hot today, with the humidity factor making it around 110 in the shade--I actually drank more water than beer this time...go figure...

Well, here are the specs of my new motor:

9.5:1 compression
Pop-up pistons
stock 66X90
Scat C20 Cam
single hi-rev springs
Web lifters
Rebuilt and ported heads, stock valve sizes
Dual weber's rebuilt with 50 idles, 200 air correction, 125 mains, 28 vents
Short intakes
2.0L head pipes and monza mufflers ( waiting for $$ for KH exhaust )

I also meticulously sealed all the tin as it was being assembled, I also sprayed expanding foam behind the plenum to absolutely seal any and all possible leaks of cooling air--

About to hook up my gauge pod consisting of head temp and oil press from our morph and spectra peeps--

Tomorrow I should have it running!!!!!!

Here are some pics --the guy is nando---thanks man again!!! aktion035.gif

UPDATE--just as I was goign to start uploading pics, my puter decided to puke them out somewhere in nether world, sorry, have to wait till later--
scotty b
mad.gif Black Sabbath update this....black Sabbath udate that....Where the fudge are the pictures at? I'm caling shennanigans, this is all a pile of crap dreamed up by some coke smuggling fly boy flipa.gif Oh yeah and what about the quad turbo 1.7???? I reject your sense of reality and insert my own. Hmph
jgiroux67
Have I mentioned how much I love the name for your car biggrin.gif
jwalters
rolleyes.gif Well, sense you asked so nicely--I went and retrieved them from the nether region--

Hey Scott, good news for me, I actually got the loan for me to finish school!!! Can you believe it,?? I sure cannot--I mean--THEY --GAVE--ME---MONEY--!!!!
Starting this fall, Aug 22nd!!!! Man I am so stoked, how is you 944 project coming?? HUH???HUH????HUH????HUH????HUH???HUH???HUH???HUH???HUH???HUH?????? biggrin.gif
jwalters
EAT THIS SCOTTY!!! Or should I say, SNOTTY!!!! hehehee
jwalters
And how about a little of THIS>>>>>>>
jwalters
Or how about a little of THAT>>>>>
jwalters
Or maybe you would like to try some-o-this>>>>>
jwalters
biggrin.gif Or maybe I can shmeer you with THAT>>>
jwalters
Not enough?? OH well it is ON DUDE----Take this>>>>
spare time toys
Be carefull around those brakes. They are red hot and glowing lol2.gif
jwalters
Laughing quite aloud maniacally>>> AHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, HEHERHEHERHEHEHREHRHHH>>>AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

OK, SO, how you been lately Scott???? beerchug.gif
scotty b
Whaddya think that engine is a freekin Chebby man? laugh.gif Lookin good bro smilie_pokal.gif (the car, not you!) Yeah the 944 is in the air, I'm out of jack stands, two under the 914, two under the 944. Started a new job so not much has gotten done here lately, waiting for $$ to buy the belts, rollers, water pump and then it's time to sand!! Link to the job thread

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...arted+a+new+job
Aaron Cox
cool.

get a mallory dizzy...youll thank me later smile.gif

BTW - Im told painting a trans is a bad thing....but it looks good. smilie_pokal.gif
jwalters
QUOTE (jgiroux67 @ Jun 25 2005, 08:03 PM)
Have I mentioned how much I love the name for your car biggrin.gif

Yes you have, but do not let that stop you.. happy11.gif Just wait until the final touches are on it--it WILL live up to the MYSTERE`.... aktion035.gif
jwalters
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jun 25 2005, 08:14 PM)
Whaddya think that engine is a freekin Chebby man? laugh.gif Lookin good bro smilie_pokal.gif (the car, not you!) Yeah the 944 is in the air, I'm out of jack stands, two under the 914, two under the 944. Started a new job so not much has gotten done here lately, waiting for $$ to buy the belts, rollers, water pump and then it's time to sand!! Link to the job thread

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...arted+a+new+job

IT IS REALLY FIRE ENGINE RED--Do not know why it came out so orange.....Man the best of luck to ya bro!
jwalters
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jun 25 2005, 08:14 PM)
cool.

get a mallory dizzy...youll thank me later smile.gif

BTW - Im told painting a trans is a bad thing....but it looks good. smilie_pokal.gif

biggrin.gif Thanks Aaron--Wish I could aford that dizzy, maybe later when I get my student loans--uh, you got some tips for me on that level???

I have never run into a problem with painting any trans, yes this does get a little more blast of heat from where it is positioned, but 95% of the time I am just cruzin in it, so I really do not think it be a problem, but I will pass on any info good or bad I encounter--
tat2dphreak
first things first: smilie_pokal.gif pray.gif the thing looks awesome!!! great work!

now, I just went through and installed the flappers in my engine tin because I was told they are VITAL... the thermostat can be done without, but not the flappers... I'm told. BUT: I don't see the bar for your flappers! confused24.gif or was I just blinded by the safety-orange wink.gif I'd hate for you to pull the engine again to install the flappers(like I just did..)

I'd heard the same thing about painting the tranny... but I don't see why it would be THAT bad!!

again, great looking work!

ThinAir
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jun 25 2005, 07:42 PM)
BUT: I don't see the bar for your flappers!

I don't see it either - if it's really not there, stop now and put them in! You don't want to burn this baby up after all you've invested in it!
redshift
Love that color!

I like the tranny paint too...

M
xsboost90
excellent job. Reminds me of a car i painted for my bud! I could see how painting the trans would hold alittle more heat and effect it, but not unless your stressing it. confused24.gif
jwalters
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jun 25 2005, 09:42 PM)
first things first: smilie_pokal.gif pray.gif the thing looks awesome!!! great work!

now, I just went through and installed the flappers in my engine tin because I was told they are VITAL... the thermostat can be done without, but not the flappers... I'm told. BUT: I don't see the bar for your flappers! confused24.gif or was I just blinded by the safety-orange wink.gif I'd hate for you to pull the engine again to install the flappers(like I just did..)

I'd heard the same thing about painting the tranny... but I don't see why it would be THAT bad!!

again, great looking work!

biggrin.gif Thank you very much! This has been a real love / hate project coupled with the labour of loving hands,,,,uhh,,,yeah,,,

Down here in south florida the temps rarley go into the 30's, if only for a few days, I disembowled the right side oil cooler flap and hard mounted it to the tin inside as if the motor is full hot. On a normal day down here the ambient temps already have the motor @ 85 degrees and way up from there, so no real headache with a warmup. Plus with the oil cooler deflector still installed properly, the air will still be directed as the factory intended for oil cooling. Also, the entire engine is coated in thermo-dispersant paint, and I have made unbelievable strides in sealing the cooling tin so that ALL cooling air is available to the hot spots. So again, no worries...

But that is a good eye, you are all obviuosly looking very close at it, thanks! beerchug.gif
jwalters
ohmy.gif And by the way, the color is really fire engine red, I guess with the bright sunlight and my digital camera just was catching the pigments and not the actual color--in person it is astounding! Plus I am using the yellow wire covers for even more "BLING" effect----Flat black / fire engine red / bright yellow combo is sooo sexxy, I get wood just standing there and staring at it.

I think I am going to put off road water covers on the dizzy cap and coil, and use carb hats and just leave the engine lid off all together---Getting wood just thinking about it..hehe cool_shades.gif

Well, I am off to work--going to get it running today!!!!!! Wish me luck guys!
jwalters
QUOTE (xsboost90 @ Jun 25 2005, 11:29 PM)
excellent job. Reminds me of a car i painted for my bud! I could see how painting the trans would hold alittle more heat and effect it, but not unless your stressing it. confused24.gif

wink.gif Dude that car is loking awesome!!! I tell you, a flat black color scheme is incredible looking!!! I tried to find flat gunmetal, but no luck, but I am very pleased with the black!!
martinef1963
J - didn't think I, er', the car looked so great! cool_shades.gif I only wihsed I was there to here her start up.

Like always bro - I'm just a call a way. Next time I'll have mine up and running and we can start a two car mombo up and down the coast.

later,
jwalters
QUOTE (martinef1963 @ Jun 27 2005, 04:21 AM)
J - didn't think I, er', the car looked so great! cool_shades.gif I only wihsed I was there to here her start up.

Like always bro - I'm just a call a way. Next time I'll have mine up and running and we can start a two car mombo up and down the coast.

later,

biggrin.gif You are on! By the way,,,,,what in the hell are you doing up at 0darkthirty this am??? wacko.gif
watsonrx13
J great job getting the engine back together and into the car, colors look awesome.

Looks like we're getting a lot more teeners back on the road here in Florida. I'm hoping to get mine back together soon and maybe, just maybe, the engine back in this month.

-- Rob
jwalters
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ Jun 27 2005, 05:19 AM)
J great job getting the engine back together and into the car, colors look awesome.

Looks like we're getting a lot more teeners back on the road here in Florida. I'm hoping to get mine back together soon and maybe, just maybe, the engine back in this month.

-- Rob

biggrin.gif Thanks Rob! Wish you the best of luck and fortune on yours--maybe this late summer / fall would be a good time to make another Southeast teener breakfast or something gathering like last year. Wish I could have attended that one
rick 918-S
wavey.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif rocking nana.gif monkeydance.gif Go man GO! It took you a little time to get fired up, but your really rolling now! clap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.