Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What? No comments?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
skline
I post a picture of my car with the front all painted up and nobody has anything to say. What is this club coming to?

Frontend color
Aaron Cox
beerchug.gif
TravisNeff
Hey now, I saw your post this morning but didn't check back for pics. Looks good! I see you saved the comics for Miles.

What is the final color going to be?
scotty b
Uhm yeah sorry bout that, but after seeing that pic I had to run into the b-room and take care of something. I'm feeling much more relaxed now thanks.
skline
I think I have decided to go all White with light silver trim, ghosted kind of. I may even do a stripe down one side of the hood and trunk.
J P Stein
It still looks like a Chalon (sp?). No amount of paint can hide that laugh.gif
914GT
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 25 2005, 06:18 PM)
I post a picture of my car with the front all painted up and nobody has anything to say. What is this club coming to?

Frontend color

Looks great Scott! smilie_pokal.gif Would have typed something earlier but too lazy to set my beer down. At least someone is motivated to work on their car. I have been worthless ever since coming back from the bay area last weekend (much cooler there).
TravisNeff
QUOTE (914GT @ Jun 25 2005, 05:35 PM)
I have been worthless ever since coming back from the bay area last weekend (much cooler there).

Funny how that works, eh? Went to redding week before last and it was cooler and rainy. Got back here and haven't been able to shake the heat. Tuesday morning was toughest when I went to work at 7:00am and the car thermo said it was 100 degrees already. Funny, everyone in that office apologized for the weather, I loved it!
914GT
A week ago I was freezing my butt in Sausalito eating lunch at a deli along the bay. A couple days and 40 degrees later I'm back home and in no mood to do much of anything.
markb
The Shalom is looking great! The white/silver sounds like it'll be a nice color combo. Keep it up. smilie_pokal.gif
GWN7
It's white....isn't white the absence of all colour?

Hence it actually has no paint. wink.gif

BTW looks good biggrin.gif
Pugbug
I like it!.. aktion035.gif ..White is a combination of all colours, and black is the absence of all colour.
fuch toy
Needs naked women on the hood with vaseline on the lens.
SLITS
I am drunk and getttin drunkhewr.

I am pissed off and it's all wetr

Congtatleys on getting e3h Shalommm runniiinggnng

I need to go the the foathe arunn now!
SirAndy
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 25 2005, 06:18 PM)
I post a picture of my car with the front all painted up and nobody has anything to say.

looks like the same old gray primer to me ...

confused24.gif Andy
fuch toy
Andy, there is VASELINE ON THE LENS!
redshift
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jun 25 2005, 09:32 PM)
It still looks like a Chalon (sp?). No amount of paint can hide that laugh.gif

With the NASCAR fan!

laugh.gif

M
xsboost90
is that new primer! Sweet! No stripes down the hood though. icon8.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Pugbug @ Jun 25 2005, 07:29 PM)
I like it!.. aktion035.gif ..White is a combination of all colours, and black is the absence of all colour.

backwards...IIRC

whit is absence of color and black is all colors mixed...

think about it....
fuch toy
Looks like the Betty Boop B&W cartoon puked on it. Not that would be a BAD thing.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jun 25 2005, 09:11 PM)
think about it....

i did and you're wrong ... biggrin.gif

white = all colors
black = no color

cool.gif Andy
JB 914
Dude, good job. now FINISH IT!!! I'll hopefully need some help with mine in a few weeks.
GWN7
From "Ask Jeeves"

Black: the combination of all hues
White: the absence of all color

biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Jun 26 2005, 12:23 AM)
From "Ask Jeeves"

Black: the combination of all hues
White: the absence of all color

biggrin.gif

hoe can cobining colors make a lighter color? it cant....

stupid debate to have....
thx B
AA
Brando
Aaron, would you like to buy a clue? ($5)

White = All visible colors combined.
Black = Absense of color. Otherwise space wouldn't be black (durh!).

It's okay, I guess you'll take a science class sometime in your college career tongue.gif

The Electromagnetic Spectrum.
Dr Evil
Alright you dorks. Here is the down low on black and white.
Black ABSORBES all colors
White REFLECTS all colors

Thus white would be the sbsense of all colors if looking form the perspective of its actual content, none with total reflection. And, black would be the pesence of all from the prespective of absorbing them all.

Sheesh rolleyes.gif
skline
Who cares? The car is going to be white because when you touch it with your forearm in the sun, you dont pull up a blistered section of skin. With no AC I would like the car to be as cool to the touch as possible. White it is.
VegasRacer
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 26 2005, 04:51 AM)
The car is going to be white.

In all the old Westerns, the good guys wore white hats.
So how does that apply to the 914 Club? idea.gif

Actually, white is for virgins and a sign of surrender.
They try to tell us that the Yellow Porsche's Are Faster. bs.gif
Red is for the people with small dhead.gif
Blue, green, and aubergine purple belong in Corona. sheeplove.gif
Orange is for yellow / red wanna bees. alfred.gif
Silver is Roy Rogers horse, not a color for a car. chair.gif

I think that covers just about everyone.
If I didn't name your color and I have not offend you,
it is only because you were not worth the effort. flipa.gif
"Once you go black, you never go back" biggrin.gif
SpecialK
Scott, I stopped reading your progress threads. They just make me feel like a lazy SOB that isn't getting shit done on my car(s). sad.gif

But great job on your Chalon!! smilie_pokal.gif
Bruce Allert
White & black are considered shadows therefore, if left grey, it would be stealthed & you'd be safe to go hundreds of miles per hour ohmy.gif totally cloaked from the view of any law enforcments space-oid radar or Klingon star ship for that matter owned.gif

........b smoke.gif
Joe Bob
White is gud. I like it it because I can play with a whole bunch of graphics and change colors at will.
Cap'n Krusty
Gonna be a b*tch getting the paint off the bumper bellows. Did a buncha that yesterday.
"Trigger" was Roy Rogers' horse, not "Silver". The Cap'n
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 26 2005, 08:09 AM)
Gonna be a b*tch getting the paint off the bumper bellows. Did a buncha that yesterday.

Silver was the Lone Ranger's ride.....

Trigger got stuffed and is in the Roy Roger Museum.

What was Roy's band name????

Son's of the Pioneers hijacked.gif
seanery
Andy is right, as long as we are talking about RGB color values. Equal parts of Red, Blue, Green (at 100% luminence) equals white. Black is no color, or equal parts of R, G, B.
skline
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 26 2005, 09:09 AM)

It would be if they were actual bellows but they are fiberglass and part of the front bumper/spoiler, I will just paint them black when I actually paint the car. I imagine they would be tough to get the paint off otherwise.
rhodyguy
?. are the neighbors complaining about the 914s constantly littering the driveway and all the racket that goes along with them? re light. get out your prisms guys. FULL SPECTRUM= all colors. a white car reflects all colors. a green car absorbs the frequency of green light and reflects all others.

k
Long Prong
QUOTE (seanery @ Jun 26 2005, 08:31 AM)
Andy is right, as long as we are talking about RGB color values. Equal parts of Red, Blue, Green (at 100% luminence) equals white. Black is no color, or equal parts of R, G, B.

in additive color, yes....
however in subtractive color, black is the combination of all colors, and white is the absense of color. Think of a printer.
skline
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jun 26 2005, 09:50 AM)
?. are the neighbors complaining about the 914s constantly littering the driveway and all the racket that goes along with them?

k

Nope, my neighbors love me. I try to keep the noise down and never after dark. There is one directly across the street that is a pain but other than that, they are all cool.
Dr Evil
a green car absorbs the frequency of green light and reflects all others.

Actually a green car absorbes all colors except green which is reflected so that it can be seen. If it absorbed green, you would see no green.
monkeydance.gif
Brando
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jun 26 2005, 09:10 AM)
a green car absorbs the frequency of green light and reflects all others.

Actually a green car absorbes all colors except green which is reflected so that it can be seen. If it absorbed green, you would see no green.
monkeydance.gif

That's right. you'd see a magenta/fuschia/aubergene color.

Ew. where's the puke smiley? icon8.gif
Dead Air
QUOTE (Pugbug @ Jun 25 2005, 06:29 PM)
..White is a combination of all colours, and black is the absence of all colour.

[QUOTE]

Your science is right, but check your spelling.
"color" pron. like Ol' yeller, cellar, better
NOT Colour like velour, Passier beerchug.gif

Skline: It looks great, OK? Happy?
Dead Air
[QUOTE=VegasRacer,Jun 26 2005, 04:37 AM] [QUOTE=skline,Jun 26 2005, 04:51 AM]The car is going to be white.

Which white? Super White? Ceiling white, off white?

Whoa!! Hold on a minute there, pardner!!

cool_shades.gif
Dead Air
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jun 26 2005, 04:37 AM)

[QUOTE]

this is "Silver"
Dead Air
This is Roy Rogers horse "Trigger"
Dead Air
And this is a white Mazda with a Chalon kit!:
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (914GT @ Jun 25 2005, 07:35 PM)
At least someone is motivated to work on their car. I have been worthless ever since coming back from the bay area last weekend (much cooler there).

Speak for your self, Buddy!

I got out yesterday and put the engine back together on Betty's car, and put it back in the car. Got all the underside stuff hooked up before we left to go to the Dirt track races (They had an ARCA sprint car race and a demolition derby!!).

This morning I finished up the install of her engine and got it running. Then I put my car on the lift and pulled the rear suspension so I can send it to the powdercoaters.

And it's only 2:00 in the afternoon. Now I gotta go feed my parents cat, then it's back to the garage to finish the work on the suspension and if I get time install the seat tracks.

BTW Scott.. That car looks great!!! We need more picts.

Dead Air
White = all colours with a maroon stripe, OK?
redshift
laugh.gif ROCK!

The Mazda with a Chalon kit thing is priceless.

M
914GT
QUOTE (Dave Eddy @ Jun 26 2005, 12:13 PM)
And this is a white Mazda with a Chalon kit!:

I remember pissing off someone in this thread comparing the looks of his car to a Fiero. Just being a troublemaker. laugh.gif
Dead Air
You and Miles lol2.gif idea.gif
Really?

you use your factory fenders and cut them up, bend them over. ...

Weld em up, fill em with bondo, file them to death, fill with glazing, prime, sand, prime, sand and two coats.

Sounds easy enough for me! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.