Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Position Sensor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jagalyn
I purchased a circuit board and replaced it on my tps for my 73 2.0.

I still have a slight hesitation from light cruise to moderate cruise so I took it over to a local Porsche shop to have it recalibrated and they are telling me the TPS is bad. That the ohms jump around and open and close circuits. I was very careful replacing the board and followed the YouTube video and everything looked great. My car runs fine under acceleration but has a slight hiccup at light cruise to moderate cruise.

Do you have any idea of what my problem might be?
JeffBowlsby
HA, that’s funny. A Djet TPS has nothing to do with resistance like a modern TPS does. It’s not a potentiometer. It’s a progressive ladder of circuits that open/close as the throttle opens, to initiate additional fuel pulses while accelerating. Forget resistance. Just test it for alternating continuity. What is it...22 clicks of additional pulses? I forget without looking it up.

On the stumble, have you oiled the dizzy weights lately? 1 drop of 30 wt oil into the hollow center shaft of the dizzy does it per the FWSM.
bdstone914
Clueless Porsche dealer. They should not have charged for wrong information. They should have looked at a factory manual for TPS info. I would take a printout of the factory manual to that recognition and service advisor. I can get you that info if needed.
As suggested it may be a distributor issue. I would check the vacuum advance. I have found the sliding plated get gummed up and do not move.
Requires complete disassembly to clean properly. I found that after cleaning a distributor it took half as much vacuum to fully advance the timing.
Bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.