Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone remember the old dgi.net/914 website
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jagalyn
Take a stroll down memory lane.

Here is a link to the archived site.

http://web.archive.org/web/19981206000802/www.dgi.net/914/

Chi-town
It's funny you click into the forum and it's a bunch of posts complaining about AA laugh.gif
76-914
20 years later and people are having the exact same issues with their 914's. shades.gif
http://web.archive.org/web/19981206000802/www.dgi.net/914/
sixnotfour
popcorn[1].gif
gms
Jeff,
You were a pioneer on the web back then providing one of the first "go to" 914 sites.
It is funny how our web page design looks so outdated now biggrin.gif
It is good to see you back!
rhodyguy
Pre Internet for the masses. For the time it was a wealth of info. As for parts sellers, I found I wasn't alone in my opinions and tried not to backstep. Then a site named 914club was born, the world shook and I ceased to be fucked over on parts.
sixnotfour
Garold Shaffer, pic but I do have one...
jagalyn

Click to view attachment
jagalyn
QUOTE(gms @ Jun 14 2019, 07:30 AM) *

Jeff,
You were a pioneer on the web back then providing one of the first "go to" 914 sites.
It is funny how our web page design looks so outdated now biggrin.gif
It is good to see you back!

Nice to be back. Hope you are well Glenn.
jagalyn
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 14 2019, 08:05 AM) *

Garold Shaffer, pic but I do have one...

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
I get it now "Jeffery Gacek who provided the initial design and home for this Website in 1996. His work gave The Porsche 914 Club an early and dynamic presents on the World Wide Web. "
jagalyn
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 14 2019, 08:50 AM) *

I get it now "Jeffery Gacek who provided the initial design and home for this Website in 1996. His work gave The Porsche 914 Club an early and dynamic presents on the World Wide Web. "

Yep. That would be me.

Seems like a long time ago... and then again, like it was just yesterday. This site has come a long way.
Dave_Darling
Cool, Jeff! How you been???

--DD
rhodyguy
There was an image(?) of a 914 made of characters, not letters, on a keyboard. Captioned, I guess, NO CONES. Sound familiar to anyone?
sixnotfour
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 14 2019, 01:03 PM) *

There was an image(?) of a 914 made of characters, not letters, on a keyboard. Captioned, I guess, NO CONES. Sound familiar to anyone?

Hi Dave,
Have fun with the resurrection smile.gif
So this endeavor was from 2004. Patti Lawrence had it embroidered on the hats. This was all before Cafe Press and Zazzle DIY services. I guess I didn't trace it. I just did a quick and dirty Photoshop image that she had her vendor convert for embroidery purposes.

Enjoy,
Gwen

https://www.cafepress.com/+,145801220/?utm_...AiABEgI8W_D_BwE
rhodyguy
Not that one.
Jazzy
Still for sale:
75 914 2.0L Excellent, sunny day only, daily driver. All receipts and records (serviced at local Porsche dealer). Needs nothing except windshield wiper washer thing does not work and heat does not work (all there including exchangers). Includes extra set of wheels (old steel kind that the baby moon hubcaps fit on), Perry Kiehl "umbrella cover", and other books, original owner's manual (2), etc. I can email pics upon request. I am asking $4750.00 but as the date looms closer that I have to pay for new (1967) 912 I get more and more nervous.

laugh.gif
jagalyn
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 14 2019, 10:45 AM) *

Cool, Jeff! How you been???

--DD

I am good. I wish I had all the 914's I sold when I stepped away.

Sold my company and started a ministry in Haiti in 2006. That has taken much of my time the last 13 years.

Just pickup up a 73 2.0 last year and following logged back into this site. Come a long way over the last 20+ years.

Hope you are well.
j.
JmuRiz
Blast from the past, I remember pouring over this site and the renegade site on a mainframe vax at school in ‘95. Ahhh text browsing when I didn’t have a browser available biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.