Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tail light question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
Checking my lights i notice my the small light bulb in the conor of my right rear directional isn't lite. figuring a burnt bulb or corroded connection. i turn off the power, but leave the right directional lever on. the directional light is lite without blinking and wow that small bulb is lite. i turn the ignition on and the blinking starts but that small bulb is out again. what gives.
SirAndy
QUOTE (ruddyboys @ Jun 25 2005, 09:41 PM)
what gives.

wiring screwed up? the little bulb should just come on with the normal lights, kinda like rear sidemarkers ...

the blinker being on steady when ign. off and turn signal lever moved in either direction is OK, it's a european thing.
parking lights that can be switch on for either the left or right side.
used for nighttime parking on the side of the road ...
cool.gif Andy
Joe Bob
parking light....gud opening line when a "betty" says..hey stoopid yer lights are on...you tell them...it's a euro thang....gets ya laid 1 time in a 100...
jgiroux67
QUOTE (Sir Fartalot @ Jun 25 2005, 10:03 PM)
parking light....gud opening line when a "betty" says..hey stoopid yer lights are on...you tell them...it's a euro thang....gets ya laid 1 time in a 100...

I dont know why, but thats cracking me up
lylegd
There is a small wiring harness inside the tailight housing that you need to check out. There are two screws that hold the reflector inside the housing and the harness is right behind it.
Hard to believe but after som many years, broken wires and corrosion can occur inside the housings!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.