Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big Score For Me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I happened on to this NOS 1980 Parts book. I think this was probably the first new parts book printed after production ceased. It is in German, English, French, Italian. What got my attention is the book is loaded with information that was deleted in later editions. It goes into detail of what part fits what engine. It has complete break down on what is in the repair sets. Did you know that a fuel pump overhaul kit was available? How about the part numbers for the Swedish convex mirror? Went through and took some random shots. I my estimation it contains a wealth of information that has been lost through supersession.
sixnotfour
yours is better than mine.. 1-74
first.gif beerchug.gif
wes
Mine looks to be 1/73 I’m guessing with updates as some pages are 1/74?
Dave_Darling
I've got one that is softcover bound, not loose-leaf. I don't remember the date on it; some of the parts numbers are the superseded ones already.

--DD
Dion
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 17 2019, 11:28 AM) *

I happened on to this NOS 1980 Parts book. I think this was probably the first new parts book printed after production ceased. It is in German, English, French, Italian. What got my attention is the book is loaded with information that was deleted in later editions. It goes into detail of what part fits what engine. It has complete break down on what is in the repair sets. Did you know that a fuel pump overhaul kit was available? How about the part numbers for the Swedish convex mirror? Went through and took some random shots. I my estimation it contains a wealth of information that has been lost through supersession.

Nice one Mark.
cheer.gif that’s freakin awesome!
Love stuff like this.
mark04usa
Looks more like the parts books we used at the Porsche dealer I worked at here in Austin in 75-78. I remember the outside mirror was denoted L/R for left or right, so based on this clue I mounted a right side mirror to my car. Hadn't seen one on right side before. Lots of info was lost as the catalog evolved. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.