Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD! FS: 1972 914 with many desirable mods.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tmessenger
SOLD..........
For sale is my 1972 914 with many tasteful mods I'll go into these by sections but first a few lines about the body.

Very sold with no major rust. I've included a photo of the hell hole, this area floor was pitted but not rotted. After cleaning I found two small pinholes, these were drilled out to 3/8" for rubber plugs. I placed an endoscope down into the long below and there was no rust in this area that I could find. I've also included photos of suspension mount and jack point all in excellent condition. The battery tray and stand are in nice condition. I also looked at the floor of the longs from the inside of the cabin and found no rust in the back of the long where it turns up and doglegs over the rear wheel (same on both sides). I also looked at the front of the inside of the longs behind the front wheels only light surface rust on both of these front areas. No rust in any of the wheel wells, the doors are solid with no rust or rot on the doors or bottoms. The floors are solid with no rot. The rear trunk is nice (see photo) front trunk has been patched. This car originally had AC that at some point was remove so that explains the front trunk floor repair. There is evidence that this car had damage to the nose, the front trunk panel is a bit wavy (see photo) but no damage to the headlight boxes that I could see.

Paint is diy new this spring and is not show quality but presentable for a driver, this car was originally silver from the factory.

Engine: Standard build Fat Performance 2056 long block, heads with 42 x 38 valves and what Fat calls stage 1 porting on new cores. Cam is a Fat # 442 for carburetors, heavy duty oil pump and swivel foot rockers, compression is 8.3 ~ 8.5:1 . This long block was built by Fat in 2012 before the company was sold to Rimco. Along with the long block also included new: Pertronix vacuum advance distributor, Bosch plug wires, Bosch 5,800 rpm cut out rotor, NGK plugs, 40IDF carbs with 32mm venturi. The alternator and starter were also rebuilt at this time. Fat Performance uses Three Bond sealer and they have along with the engine case all the case bolts sealed with Three Bond so no leaks or oil seeping. The engine now has just over 4,000 miles on it. The exhaust system is a Triad ceramic coated muffler with stock ceramic coated 2.0 headers (note only the driver's side has a heat exchanger).

914 LTD rebuild a side shifter transmission for this project that was installed with the new engine, also a new clutch kit was installed, same mileage on these parts as the engine.

Here's a link to a youtube video I made today so you can hear it run. I also filmed a gentle 0-60 run that was right around 8 seconds, I confident with an aggressive launch and shifting it would run 0-60 in the 7's. https://youtu.be/JKoURjeb0-c

Suspension: Early 911 Boge struts with Koni adjustable inserts and front sway bar. This set up includes vented rotors and M brake calipers with stainless steel soft lines. The rear is Koni adjustable shocks with stock rear springs, no rear sway bar ( I have a set of 140-pound springs that will be included). All the suspension and steering is tight and the car tracks very straight at speed. Real Fuchs 16 x 6 wheels with nearly new Firestone Indy 195/55 tires all around. The wheels are driver quality with some curb scratches at the rim but are not bent and run true.

The interior is clean and serviceable with new carpet. I have an A/F lambda gauge installed along with oil temp, voltmeter and oil pressure gauge. The speedometer is accurate and was check with a GPS so 60 on the GPS shows exactly 60 on the speedo. A Momo Race Line steering wheel is installed, the horn works correctly. Sunvisors are in OK usable condition. The car came to me without OEM door pulls / armrests with the doors having accessory door pulls installed.

All the light work with the exception of the backup lights, the backup light switch on the trans is not wired. There is no emergency brake warning light switch at the emergency brake, the hand brake works great. The fog lights are in good condition and have been wired so they can work independently of the main light switch, headlights are H4 There is no back pad installed around the seats, the interior light is mounted under the ashtray and has to be switched on manually, interior light switches are not present at the doors. The turn signals and 4-way flashers work correctly but the turn signal stalk does not auto return to off you have to manually move it back.

The doors are from a later car with the scissors-type window lifts with impact bars inside the doors. The windows work well, all the glass is good, the front windshield has a few small chips but is very serviceable, I'm sure it has been replaced but I don't know when.

The top is in good condition and does not leak or squeak thanks to some extra felt strategically placed. The top of the Targa bar is painted body color, the side window seals are starting to dry out and have shrunk back a bit.

Price is $12,750 this car is located in Fairfield Iowa.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
9144me2enjoy
Sent PM for more info to purchase vehicle
iwanta914-6
Wow, that was fast...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.