Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Working Stock Fresh air Box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
JRust
Looking to get a Fresh air box to add a heater core too for heat. Mine got destroyed when I tried to add a/c without success. Not super critical right now with the heat but have my tank out. So easier to get it done now. PM with a price
euro911
Dillon ( @Chi-town ) has been dismantling a lot of cars lately, you might check with him.

I may need one too. I want to install a screen/grille in my '71 (which doesn't have the screen) and I'm not sure if there's a difference between the early and the late boxes confused24.gif

Anybody know a lot about them?
914werke
@euro911 No difference that Ive ever recognized. The Screens fit all boxes & are a good retrofit for early cars to keep the fresh air blower motor free of crud and operational.
You need the screen & specific seal
In either case its a pain install and you have to be cautious about the fragility of the 40 yr old Bakelite/plastic when removal & installation + so many of them have been over-sprayed from previous repaints
Chi-town
build a box for the core in the rear an use the rear blower and heater channel to get it to the front.

I'm all out of boxes
euro911
QUOTE(914werke @ Jun 18 2019, 11:48 AM) *
@euro911[/b] No difference that Ive ever recognized. The Screens fit all boxes & are a good retrofit for early cars to keep the fresh air blower motor free of crud and operational.
You need the screen & specific seal
In either case its a pain install and you have to be cautious about the fragility of the 40 yr old Bakelite/plastic when removal & installation + so many of them have been over-sprayed from previous repaints
Cool. Thanks for the info, Rich.

I have a screen, also have the new seal kit in my 914Rubber shopping cart.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.