Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.8 engine rebuild kit.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Snebs2
Looking for the best place to get a complete rebuild kit for my 1.8 engine. Any ideas who has the best deals. Just want to rebuild not beef it up.
porschetub
QUOTE(Snebs2 @ Jun 19 2019, 04:39 AM) *

Looking for the best place to get a complete rebuild kit for my 1.8 engine. Any ideas who has the best deals. Just want to rebuild not beef it up.

AA performance on ebay would have most or all the parts for a stock rebuild,as I don't know if anyone stocks a total rebuild kit,you will need to strip your motor down and get the bearing sizes for the case if you are going that far.
For example European Motorworks have rebuilt stock rods for a good price and also carry the bearings you will need,really best to shop around for your exact requirements.
In regards to keeping the engine stock...most go to 96mm (66mm stroke) barrels and pistons even with a stock build as its so easy to do and offers a small power increase @ the same time.
Mark Henry
Some sell a "kit", but you still need to measure the crank for bearings, rebuild the heads, etc.
There's no complete rebuild kit like with the T1 engine.

We can give you a "to do" and parts list.
Spoke
The best kit to buy for your 1.8L build is one with 96mm P&C's to punch it out to 1911L. Go big or go home. beerchug.gif
fiacra
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 18 2019, 02:13 PM) *

We can give you a "to do" and parts list.

Hope this isn't considered hijacking a thread, but I have a '75 with a 1.8 that is sitting and waiting for me to get to it.... I've always wanted to see someone publish a "to do list" for a complete go through on a car that has been stored for many years, including a to do and parts list on going through an engine. If you have something like that Mark I'd love to get a copy! Maybe already somewhere on this forum, and my search skills aren't up to it, but I have yet to find something like that.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jun 18 2019, 05:59 PM) *

The best kit to buy for your 1.8L build is one with 96mm P&C's to punch it out to 1911L. Go big or go home. beerchug.gif

lol-2.gif

No offense but . . .

It’s always funny when someone says stock and the conversation always goes to 96mm or flat tops.

I get the premise but there is something to be said for stock since none of these type 4 914 motors is are going to ever make big HP by modern standards.

But to all the hot rodder’s out there - rock on aktion035.gif
Geezer914
If it costs the same why not. Every little bit helps.
Tdskip
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Jun 24 2019, 12:49 PM) *

If it costs the same why not. Every little bit helps.

My understanding is that the cost difference is trivial in the overall budget so why not?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.