Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A little D-Jet Vacuum line help needed please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morrie
Hi Guys,

I have a 76 with a 2056 running D-Jet with a 123 Distributor. I've been sorting out vacuum line connections, and I can figure most/all of it out from Bowsby's drawings. What I really could use though is some photographs of how folks have made the actual connections, particularly to the ports below the throttle body in the intake plenum. The air cleaner ones would be useful too.

A couple examples of things done by the PO are that the oil filler vent is plumbed to the large opening on the top of the air cleaner, not below the throttle plate. Another is the AAR is not connected to the air cleaner, it is plumbed to a small K&N crankcase breather. I need to get this sorted out reasonably well so I can then put the smoke machine to it and test for leaks. For those of you who have done this, where did you attach the smoke machine, and what did you plug and cover?

Thanks for any helpful advice!

Bleyseng
My set ip on my 76 but the deceleration valve is not hooked up as the stacked elbow leaks
Morrie
Thanks Geoff!

I've come to the following conclusions with regard to my 76 2.0 D-Jet. First, the crankcase ventilation is to the air cleaner, not below the throttle body, so no issue with how this is vented. It is currently vented to the large nipple on the air cleaner nearest the front of the car, furthest from the throttle body. Second, the AAR venting to atmosphere with a small breather air filter is just fine. This would also be vented to the air cleaner originally, but given its location the small local filter makes sense to me and helps get one more hose out of the engine bay. I am going to close up the top of the throttle body and the AAR exit and inject smoke by removing the line that goes to the plenum from the decel valve at the decel valve and injecting there, unless someone has a better process. It will be interesting to see the result.
Mikey914
Got new stacked elbows if you need one

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/b...with-fittings-1

With fittings included as shown
rjames
I thought the elbow wasn't stock on the later ('75 & '75) cars?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
75 76 2.9 did not use stacked vacuum elbow, and decel valve center connection should go to the air cleaner, and the pressure sensor nipple should face forward

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 18 2019, 07:31 PM) *

My set ip on my 76 but the deceleration valve is not hooked up as the stacked elbow leaks

Morrie
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jun 20 2019, 02:27 PM) *

75 76 2.9 did not use stacked vacuum elbow, and decel valve center connection should go to the air cleaner, and the pressure sensor nipple should face forward

Thanks George. I think I am getting close. Looks like mine was plumbed essentially correctly for a 76, just a little confusing from all the variations year to year.

Do you see any advantage to venting the AAR to the air cleaner vs to its own small diameter filter? I have to say the small breather filter fits down in there nicely and does eliminate one hose... but if you think there is value in drawing some vacuum via having it in the air cleaner, I am game to add the line. Smoke test results hopefully this weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.