Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about Fuchs Center Caps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
edrotol
I could use information when I lost the info that came with each of the two (2) center caps in the picture.

Notice that the left cap is smaller and has 3 slot openings all around

The right one is taller and has 4 slot all around.

Are they both reproductions? Why the difference in the number of slot openings and why is taller that the other.

Any other info which makes one different from the other? I noticed further that the inner stampings when you look inside the caps are different.

Thanks for the response and help.

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
You should move this question to the Garage Forum, since it's not an ad.

Maybe an Admin can move it for you?

PS - I think that the left one may be the original production factory OEM one, & the right may be a later factory OEM run - but I don't have mine handy to look at, & I'm CRS-ing on it at the moment in the middle of working.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
They both look like reproductions. Real Porsche caps are shiny stainless steel.
wes
I Agee they both look to be repros! This is from my stash and I believe they are the real thing.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mepstein
Here’s a real one. Stamped, not machined.
sixnotfour
og..big lip .. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...;hl=center+caps

later porsche part dept supplied , but thin lip.... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...;hl=center+caps
Mikey914
I can tell you the one on the right is too tall

We have made the flange the correct length,

And I can provide you with the polished ones if you want but they will be $25 a set more.

Good part is that they will look exactly like the stamped. I'll put up a for sale on these tomorrow with pretty pics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.