Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 and 718 -6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_teener
Looks like Porsche made the right decision.

The 718-4 just not selling, although it could outperform the 981. Market forces dictate otherwise I quess.

I still love the look of a 987 and 981 over the 911 especially from the rear.
thelogo
100+k $ car .

Kinda ridiculous if you ask me

Its smart of Porsche to put a /6 with 400 horses

But id rather by 3 used corvettes instead
Mueller
A 4.0 /6 has got to be a blast...

Thelogo needs a week banhammer thrown his way.
914_teener
QUOTE(thelogo @ Jun 20 2019, 11:31 AM) *

100+k $ car .

I paid 12k for my 987.1.

It has 300 hp and will out handle any vette....given a good driver.

I can't imagine what 400 hp would feel like.

Certainly not like a vette.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jun 20 2019, 02:25 PM) *

I paid 12k for my 987.1.

Well, $12k is a completely different conversation than $100K.
914_teener
Worth probably 20k.

I just got a really good deal.

Still a used car but he did say used.

914_teener
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Jun 20 2019, 12:41 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Jun 20 2019, 02:25 PM) *

I paid 12k for my 987.1.

Well, $12k is a completely different conversation than $100K.

I love your moniker btw....I'm a huge fan. Have their jersey.
Cairo94507
I would love the 718-6. 4.0/400HP/6 speed - collector car in the making.
pete000
Sounds like a nice motor swap option, but that four has to be expensive...
Mark Henry
I was at the local dealer, my comp double latte almost shot out my nose when a boxster passed sounding just like a 914/4.
WTF.gif was dat? w00t.gif
thelogo
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jun 20 2019, 12:25 PM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ Jun 20 2019, 11:31 AM) *

100+k $ car .

I paid 12k for my 987.1.

I love your moniker btw....I'm a huge fan. Have their jersey.

The man knows greatness.... I wanna learn about greatness....

thelogo
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 20 2019, 11:34 AM) *

A 4.0 /6 has got to be a blast...

Thelogo needs a week banhammer thrown his way.

And i was the most hated man in baseball ... And it felt wonderful ! ....

"Baseball is a red-blooded sport for red-blooded men. It's no pink tea, and mollycoddles had better stay out. It's a struggle for supremacy, a survival of the fittest

"T.C

If you know how to read ....

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/quotes/quocobb.shtml

Gatornapper
LOVE my 987.2 S with PDK/Sport Chrono/Turbo II wheels and much more (2nd Cayman)......last of the conventional steering 987's and 320hp in less than 3k lbs. is ok w/me - tho I would like to boost the 3.4 up to 350hp with some tweaks in the future - after my 914 is on the road & close to complete.

Not surprised the 4's aren't selling - in spite of Porsche's $50 million dollar marketing effort to existing Cayman/Boxster owners, and the fact they are a bit faster. I'll keep my '11 (now w/80k mis. - I drive it...) and only thing I'd upgrade to is a 2015 GTS - but those darn things are still pulling top dollar - almost new prices - and I'm not going there.

GN

QUOTE(914_teener @ Jun 20 2019, 11:57 AM) *

Looks like Porsche made the right decision.

The 718-4 just not selling, although it could outperform the 981. Market forces dictate otherwise I quess.

I still love the look of a 987 and 981 over the 911 especially from the rear.

gereed75
Wow, this does seem an odd move and not sure what it means for the four variant. Does not seem likely that Porsche can just walk away from such a large commitment and expenditure and abandon the four.

I have been eyeing the first gen GT4. Pampered examples are available with very low mileage at less than new prices. Seems like a sure to get your money back no brainer to me.
Gatornapper
My read is that the new 6 is not a statement of abandoning the 4 but a response to a real need for a high HP Cayman/Boxter that the 4 just cannot meet....they are two different things, IMHO. They almost had to do the 6.

I think they are committed to the 4 due to both investment and having to meet future mpg and emissions requirements - the things that drove them to the 4 in the beginning.

We will see of course.......

An acquaintance traded his 981 for a new 4, and loves it. And I was quite surprised at the sound it makes.....you'd never know it was a 4.......but I'll never own one.....

GN

QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jun 22 2019, 07:01 AM) *

Wow, this does seem an odd move and not sure what it means for the four variant. Does not seem likely that Porsche can just walk away from such a large commitment and expenditure and abandon the four.

I have been eyeing the first gen GT4. Pampered examples are available with very low mileage at less than new prices. Seems like a sure to get your money back no brainer to me.

thelogo
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d...6909242564.html

Car needs to have a 7 speed manuel
( thats what im saving my pennys for in my 914)

Stupid expensive ( i guess most porsches are)

But for that kinda money id rather dance the foxtrot in a paris nightclub with a 3k dollar a night hooker .

Shout out to the cheap sob pray.gif
gereed75
Kinda thought some of the rationale of going to the turbo four was the ability to make more HP than the NA six could ultimately make. That presupposes that turboing the six in the midengine configuration is not practical.
mepstein
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jun 22 2019, 02:27 PM) *

Kinda thought some of the rationale of going to the turbo four was the ability to make more HP than the NA six could ultimately make. That presupposes that turboing the six in the midengine configuration is not practical.

I thought the smaller engine skirts some big engine taxes and tariffs - but I’m not a buyer so I don’t follow too closely.
Gatornapper
One cannot get close to the performance limits of my 987.2 S without going to the track driving safely on public roads.

That being true - what is the purpose/need of owning a GT4 other than ego - if one is not going to race it? Of course, if you are one to want to flaunt your $$$, it's a free world - go for it.

I like my Meteor Grey for the very reason that I want to NOT be seen and not to be noticed.....and if I did have mega-bucks (which I don't) I sure wouldn't want to flaunt it........it stays subtle & hidden. In 6 years I've owned the car, I've never gotten a ticket. Pulled? Yup. 5 times! Would you believe every cop has stated how he admired the car?

I personally find the bang for the buck in a 987.2 S to be incredible and hard to beat......

GN
SKL1
the new GT4 and Spyder have a NA flat 6 but the regular 718's will continue to have the turbo 4's and will continue to sell poorly...
I love my 981 spyder and have loved all my various 911's over the years, but I'll always be a mid-engine kind of guy.
They have really jacked up the base price on the new Spyder but people will pay it... guess they need to help VW pay off dieselgate!
thelogo
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Jun 22 2019, 05:53 PM) *

One cannot get close to the performance limits of my 987.2 S without going to the track driving safely on public roads.

That being true - what is the purpose/need of owning a GT4 other than ego - if one is not going to race it? Of course, if you are one to want to flaunt your $$$, it's a free world - go for it.

I like my Meteor Grey for the very reason that I want to NOT be seen and not to be noticed.....and if I did have mega-bucks (which I don't) I sure wouldn't want to flaunt it........it stays subtle & hidden. In 6 years I've owned the car, I've never gotten a ticket. Pulled? Yup. 5 times! Would you believe every cop has stated how he admired the car?

I personally find the bang for the buck in a 987.2 S to be incredible and hard to beat......

GN

https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/d/moorpa...6909115842.html

Did someone say bang for the buck
I'll duke it out with any car on the planet with this thing
For only! 77k

Sorry 718 .... For 100k your outta your League

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.