Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glenn's 4 Ron (SLITS) Memorial & Animal Flesh Roasting Extravaganza
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Toast
********** DATE CHANGE!!***************

SATURDAY, AUGUST 10TH @ 4:00PM

Hey everyone,

Glenn has asked that we please change the date for this event due to prearrangement that he already had.

We hope that everyone can still attend and that hopefully more can.

driving-girl.gif driving.gif

Glenn Sager @a914luvr will be hosting a Ron Meier (SLITS) Memorial on Saturday August 10th starting around 4pm.

This event will be a celebration of life for Ron for all of us to share our memories and stories and pay homage to one of the most respected and generous persons who helped make this community possible.

Glenn will provide the hamburger and hot dog mystery meat.
All you alcoholics BYOB. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
Feel free to bring your homemade pot luck for all of us to test our digestion system.
A swimming pool will be available. Let's try to keep the p out of the ool please.

For those of you who do and do not know, Ron passed away unexpectedly on August 3 2016. Those who were not fortunate enough to meet this wonderful, knowledgeable, fun, sarcastic, stirthepot.gif , Mr. Abrasive, Professor 914 person, please check out some of his posts and threads. @SLITS .

Pertinent Information:

August 10, 2019
4pm
Glenn Sagers House
8659 Barnwood Lane, Riverside

Please post if you will be or may possibly attend.

This will help get the appropriate amount of sacrificial animal by-product and all the fixins that you all like to disguise what you are eating with.

See you all there!

toast.gif

Attendees:

Redneck
Bernbomb
Oscar
Toast
Craig Downs
(Socal) Andy
Mark (Euro 911)
Larmo63
Bruce Stone
Sean Malloy and Susan
Carl de Fong
Michael & Marc
Don Taver

and....
Three Special Guests! smiley_notworthy.gif
Toast
Feel free to tag anyone who you think might be interested in attending.

@JustinMeier
@Carl La Fong
@76-914
@bdstone914
@Mrs. K
@/L.
@HeloMech

toast.gif
Toast
@euro911
@craig downs
@DonTraver
@Aaron Cox
@skline
@brando
@Joe Bob
76-914
I'm in. I'll bring a Pot of Willie's Chile. beerchug.gif
bernbomb914
I would like to be there for my old friend Ron we had many good times at his shop
Larmo63
I will try to make it. I can bring something too.

beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
I plan on attending and will gladly bring a few side dishes.

silver914.jpg chowtime.gif beerchug.gif clap56.gif

Oscar
914 Ranch
Wish I could go…
euro911
I'll check the calendar, but believe I'll be free on that date ... pencil me in for now.
a914luvr
Sorry folks, I need to change the date to Saturday Aug 10. I'm hoping Toast can change the date in the OP and on the thread title.
Toast
QUOTE(a914luvr @ Jun 27 2019, 07:39 AM) *

Sorry folks, I need to change the date to Saturday Aug 10. I'm hoping Toast can change the date in the OP and on the thread title.

Sorry that took so long Glenn @a914luvr . I guess my edit didn't save previously. unsure.gif

Looks like we got it all corrected now. piratenanner.gif
Toast
icon_bump.gif
oldschool
Sounds like it's going to be a great time of good old BS...... piratenanner.gif driving.gif
Socalandy
I'll be there!!!

beerchug.gif
craig downs
I want to come
Toast
Hey gang. I just met up with Glen for the planning for this event. piratenanner.gif

Just wanted to bump this thread. I may be posting an address or sending a p.m. to those who are still interested in coming.

Just to let everyone know there is a swimming pool available for those interested or those who have kids that I want to play also.

See you in 3 weeks!

beerchug.gif

toast.gif
a914luvr
I plan on running this like one of our good, no make that great, old original 914 swap meets. Burgers and Sausage, Kents Chili and my wife's Mac-N-Cheese will be served. More sides are welcome!

BYOB and I'd like to have a Makers Mark toast to our celebrated dearly departed. If you're wondering why Makers Mark, attend the event, even if it's just a short stay and hear the story. Please share your story as well. I'm sure there are many!

Address - 8659 Barnwood Lane, Riverside.
bdstone914
BUMP
And reminder
@euro911
@craig downs
@DonTraver
@Aaron Cox
@skline
@brando
@Joe Bob
@carllafong

See Glenn's update and address below.
Hope to see you all there.

QUOTE(a914luvr @ Jul 28 2019, 12:04 PM) *

I plan on running this like one of our good, no make that great, old original 914 swap meets. Burgers and Sausage, Kents Chili and my wife's Mac-N-Cheese will be served. More sides are welcome!

BYOB and I'd like to have a Makers Mark toast to our celebrated dearly departed. If you're wondering why Makers Mark, attend the event, even if it's just a short stay and hear the story. Please share your story as well. I'm sure there are many!

Address - 8659 Barnwood Lane, Riverside.

Toast
Hi Everyone! bye1.gif

One more week until this event! mueba.gif

Time to start the RSVP.

Please let me know if you will or may be attending and if you will be bringing additional people.

Admins, could we get a pin on this for a week?

See you all there! beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
I am not going to make it. We will be on a cruise to Alaska.
76-914
I wouldn't miss this for love nor money! See ya'll there. the Redneck. biggrin.gif
76-914
The Chili goes on tomorrow morning and simmers all day. Then it goes in the chiller overnight and is reheated the following day. Just like a pot of beans, it is better the 2nd day and it makes the meat more tender. I don't use ground meat. chowtime.gif You can get that kind of Chili anywhere. beerchug.gif
olsib914
add two more Michael and Marc...Ron was one of a kind..which might have been a good thing..He is missed
Olsib914...Mike
second wind
Ron was so good to me many times and the swap meets at his place were awesome. My car is on jacks recovering from WCR. My apologies Glenn but will be present in spirit. Thank you for the invite.
All the best,
gg
Toast
You dont have to arrive in your 914. I can not drive mine through the 100+° desert (that and a few other reasons). So I will be arriving in a Kia Rio rental. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(second wind @ Aug 8 2019, 11:02 PM) *

Ron was so good to me many times and the swap meets at his place were awesome. My car is on jacks recovering from WCR. My apologies Glenn but will be present in spirit. Thank you for the invite.
All the best,
gg

Toast
Great! Added! piratenanner.gif

QUOTE(olsib914 @ Aug 8 2019, 06:02 PM) *

add two more Michael and Marc...Ron was one of a kind..which might have been a good thing..He is missed
Olsib914...Mike

Larmo63
I'm bringing my artichoke heart dip and chips.

Tomorrow will be a fun get together to honor a fallen 914 warrior.
Toast
Getting close! beerchug.gif jsharp.gif
euro911
I'm out. My sciatica isn't cooperating today dry.gif

I'm there in spirit - miss ya Ron beer.gif
Toast
Cheers Ronnie! beer3.gif

I
ValcoOscar
Pictures confused24.gif
bernbomb914
sorry Toast I wont be able to attend due to comment to my Grand baby who is starting College this month. she is the baby in my photo
bdstone914
@ValcoOscar
@toast

Toast gathered 168 pics of Ron which we had on my laptop as a slide show there.
I will find a way to post them here.
She took some video which has to be edited for size to post here.

Bruce
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif drunk.gif beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Larmo63
There were four Porsches there, but only two 914s and one of those had some random Japanese engine in it.

chair.gif

76-914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 11 2019, 01:37 PM) *

There were four Porsches there, but only two 914s and one of those had some random Japanese engine in it.

chair.gif

Hater chair.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.