Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found this kit on AliExpress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
porschetub
Look well made and specific to T4 engines,$46USD with free shipping..could you really go wrong confused24.gif .
The description has no details on the type of manifold fitment so I presume it works with the tall ones as they are common.
I think they look similar to the system that came on the Brazil built 1600 twin Solex carb busses we used to get years ago in my country,I designed a system off this setup and used it on my offroader with Weber ICT's to good result,once setup I never adjusted it again.
Click to view attachment
The Brazilian linkage was poorly made with very small diameter pivot joints that wore out fast, the pivot crank suffered the same wear issues also.
This kit appears to be an improvement on the above.

Click to view attachment
porschetub
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jun 23 2019, 09:32 AM) *

Look well made and specific to T4 engines,$46USD with free shipping..could you really go wrong confused24.gif .
The description has no details on the type of manifold fitment so I presume it works with the tall ones as they are common.
I think they look similar to the system that came on the Brazil built 1600 twin Solex carb busses we used to get years ago in my country,I designed a system off this setup and used it on my offroader with Weber ICT's to good result,once setup I never adjusted it again.
Click to view attachment
The Brazilian linkage was poorly made with very small diameter pivot joints that wore out fast, the pivot crank suffered the same wear issues also.
This kit appears to be an improvement on the above.

Click to view attachment

Sorry please move to garage,thanks.
914Sixer
We called those kits monkey motion ones. Beyond bad. That's why everybody went to hex bar.
euro911
The bell crank throttle linkage kit made by CSP works great

Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
I think a side by side comparison between CSP and the Brazilian will reveal a definitive difference between the two. For roughly $80 more I'll opt for the CSP, the quality is impressive.

The little spring clips for the ball studs looks very hokey to me, especially since those linkage ends aren't super pricey. Imagine trying to put those things on a 914 linkage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.