Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Check out my pimpin wire harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I finished the harness last night/this morning around 1:30 biggrin.gif

It connects the 911 engine harness, 911 CDI box, and ignition to the 914 circuit board, including the alt. smilie_pokal.gif

(Ya, I know that I posted this on my friggen progress thread, but only one person commented and I think that this achievment deserves some atta boys, darn it)
Duffster
attaboyattaboyattaboy. smilie_pokal.gif
Brando
and you used that trick black coiled wire shielding. nice shit Mike!
Dr Evil
QUOTE (Brando @ Jun 26 2005, 10:28 AM)
and you used that trick black coiled wire shielding. nice shit Mike!

Dude, 10 long painful feet of it. It took a while to wrap the bundles, but you should have seen it before I did...it looked like spaghetti with conectors thrown in chowtime.gif

Thanks for the accolades biggrin.gif
MoveQik
smilie_pokal.gif
Allan
Relay board's dirty...
Aaron Cox
why keep the relay board at all?

looks good mike,
AA
TonyAKAVW
Looks great! I'm dong wiring harness stuff as well right now and I sympathize with the pile of spaghetti...

Nothing like a clean wiring job to prevent shorts and opens!

-Tony
redshift
icon8.gif Man that relay board is dirty.

M
Dr Evil
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jun 26 2005, 10:56 AM)
why keep the relay board at all?

looks good mike,
AA

A valid question. I am keeping it because I don't have the time to engineer around it. It was just easier for now.

The dirty board is one from my pile o'parts and will not be going into my car (you bastards)
skline
So you going to drive it up here for the tranny clinic? When do we get to see it? I got a camera here waiting. Good job BTW, you impress me with your craftsmanship. pray.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 26 2005, 11:20 AM)
So you going to drive it up here for the tranny clinic? When do we get to see it? I got a camera here waiting. Good job BTW, you impress me with your craftsmanship. pray.gif

I am towing it to TJ tomarrow because I do not have time for the tank sealer to set up today. I will hopefully be done with all of the other stuff today so that when I get it back (on the 1st or 2nd I hope) I can just start it up and start breaking it in. I will be taking the 4-Runner up there as I am taking 3 trannies up with me. It looks like it could be ready for a baja run after the 4th smilie_pokal.gif
Allan
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jun 26 2005, 11:31 AM)
It looks like it could be ready for a baja run after the 4th smilie_pokal.gif

Baja run....

I'd love to take my car along the coast to Rosarito and Ensenada.
Dr Evil
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jun 26 2005, 12:00 PM)
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jun 26 2005, 11:31 AM)
It looks like it could be ready for a baja run after the 4th smilie_pokal.gif

Baja run....

I'd love to take my car along the coast to Rosarito and Ensenada.

We dont go through Rosarito, we cut off and take the old Hwy 1 through the mainland. It is not patrolled and curvy happy11.gif

You better hope that your circuit board is clean or I am gonna give you such a ration of shit finger.gif
Dr Evil
Oh ya, I forgot. Allan, will you be needing two batteries or three for the trip monkeydance.gif wink.gif
Allan
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jun 26 2005, 12:21 PM)
Oh ya, I forgot. Allan, will you be needing two batteries or three for the trip monkeydance.gif wink.gif

chowtime.gif stromberg.gif My alternator works just fine now... laugh.gif
Red-Beard
We always stopped in Rosarito. It was the 2nd place you fixed the smoke machine...We jump off Mexico 1-D at "La Fonda".

"Pitting" in Rosaito

user posted image

Remember the laughing Buddha

user posted image

And here is a shot of the old highway one to Ensenada

user posted image

Aaron Cox
mike HAD a RUNNING 914???? ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.