Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test cold start valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Fatboy007
Looking for tips on how to test the CSV before I spend $$ to replace it how do i know it's bad...And best way to get those two Flat-Head screws outta there if I have to replace it. Thank you biggrin.gif
ndfrigi
direct 12 volts. maybe attach a rubber hose on one end to blow air to test the flow. After applying 12 volts, the element inside should get warm/heat and makes the valve close. when cold and blow air on one side, you should feel the air from the other side. offcourse when valve close, you can feel lesser air (i think not totally close but u will notice less air)
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jun 24 2019, 07:16 PM) *

direct 12 volts. maybe attach a rubber hose on one end to blow air to test the flow. After applying 12 volts, the element inside should get warm/heat and makes the valve close. when cold and blow air on one side, you should feel the air from the other side. offcourse when valve close, you can feel lesser air (i think not totally close but u will notice less air)

Ah...this tests the AAR, not the CSV.
ChrisFoley
You don't need a cold start valve in San Diego. If you aren't sure it works right, remove the hose and plug it. Disconnect the wiring. Continue driving.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 24 2019, 07:29 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jun 24 2019, 07:16 PM) *

Ah...this tests the AAR, not the CSV.

ooops yup ur correct Jim. Sorry Stacey! when I read ur thread, it just went to my mind about CSV and not AAR. My bad! huhuhu
Fatboy007
Thank you to all... Chris, took your advise, by-passed the CSV and plugged it up... runs great. Thank you . piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.