Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What to do with a NOS Bosch 050 distributor?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Use it to replace a Bosch 009?

Sell it?

Frame it?

Use as desk art?

What say you?
johnhora
If in good shape they are fine and worth some $$ selling.

Some like them better than the 009 for track applications.

They were used on the 356.

SirAndy
I tossed mine that came with a carb converted motor many years ago. Nobody wanted it ...
dry.gif
Jonathan Livesay
I have one on my '66 912 and one on one of my 914's (the one with webers, obviously). They have a better advance curve than 009's for just about anything but a small VW type 1. I'll accept it if you want to get rid of it. beerchug.gif
Tdskip
Thanks gentlemen, will likely hold on to it for now and see if I have a use before parting with it.

Appreciate the feedback.
Crudbud
I have an Aluminum cased 050. Were there ever steel cased ones like the old 010 distributors? I ask because the mfg. quality isn't very good.
bbrock
QUOTE(Crudbud @ Jun 25 2019, 01:17 PM) *

I have an Aluminum cased 050. Were there ever steel cased ones like the old 010 distributors? I ask because the mfg. quality isn't very good.

You got me curious so I grabbed a magnet and pulled my NOS 050 out and tested. Yep, it's steel. Purchased around 1989 and never used. I plan to include it in the fire sale at the end of my build but will entertain offers. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.