Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brought home another 3.2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
Steve/Shoguneagle was nice enough to sell me his engine from his conversion car. I shipped it east and then picked it up from the shop in my wife’s engine hauler - Honda CR-V. I’m going to make some small changes and prep for the future install. I’ll remove the electric fan and “backdate” the heat. It looks like Steve adapted some 911 heat exchangers. I’ll remove them and install Ben’s stainless steel heat exchangers. I have a set of performance cams and 3.4 P&c’s but I’ll probably run the engine as-is before I tear it down to modify. Just clean up and freshen up for now.
Steve
Nice!! Welcome to the 3.2 club!!
Tdskip
Score!
buck toenges
Can you give us more info on the 3.4 build? What P+C's and cams? What is the expected hp and torque at what rpm? How much of a rebuild will it take?

Buck
Steve
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Jun 25 2019, 05:38 PM) *

Can you give us more info on the 3.4 build? What P+C's and cams? What is the expected hp and torque at what rpm? How much of a rebuild will it take?

Buck

I am also curious. This is a route that PMS also recommended. 3.4 is slip in versus 3.5 I think you have to machine the case and heads.
964 cams? Also curious what the options are with the stock fuel injection.
Coondog
QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 25 2019, 04:26 PM) *

Nice!! Welcome to the 3.2 club!!

agree.gif beerchug.gif agree.gif
mepstein
3.4 Mahle cylinders with max morirz pistons. 964 cams. Sal’s upgraded MAF induction and injectors with a custom programmed chip. Rebuilt heads and arp rod bolts. 10.3 compression using premium gas. Sal has been seeing up to 280hp and great drivability with this setup.

But first I have to finish the narrow body conversion. It has a 3.2 with 964 cams and a custom chip. Dyno’d at 240. Currently replacing fuel lines and some other fine tuning.
Mark Henry
Nice thumb3d.gif
914werke
chowtime.gif drooley.gif
burton73
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 25 2019, 06:12 PM) *

Nice thumb3d.gif

agree.gif

Mark,

Nice, very nice!

Bob B
echocanyons
Mark, I’m pretty sure that you need a pair of PMO ITBs for your new toy.

Congrats on the new engine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.