Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: taking a leisurely drive in the city
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnhora
Cool...be careful out there
Rleog
Good to see it being driven.
My 914
I also like seeing the 914s in the parking lot as the video starts.
rgalla9146
Ticket for annoying self promotion ?
Larmo63
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 26 2019, 08:37 PM) *

agree.gif beerchug.gif
JawjaPorsche
Awesome! Thank you for all you do for us. We can still enjoy our 914s because you and other vendors provide parts and expertise.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
No the Cops here let me do it, so no ticket.

Lets be positive here old man, move to Florida or something and relax. I know NJ is not such a great place, used to live there during my formative years.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
And another one, have you been sucking on lemons or just bitter by nature? Tired of you nay sayers and your personal problems expressed here on the forum

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 26 2019, 10:11 PM) *

agree.gif beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Thank you, it is my sincerest wish to continue to promote the 914 any way I can, we are now taking seven cars to the Atlanta Porsche musuem on July the 14th so taking them out and getting them ready, hence the postings of the 914s running and in action. They have been stored for quite a while now and of course all need different things done to them. They will be joining the Brumos 914-6 GT to be an all 914 exhibit celebrating the 50th and be there at the museum for six months. Nice to see that Porsche headquarters will now have an all 914 exhibit for half of a year!!!!! Everyone 914 owner should be excited

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jun 27 2019, 01:02 AM) *

Awesome! Thank you for all you do for us. We can still enjoy our 914s because you and other vendors provide parts and expertise.

Andyrew
Regardless of your opinions on George or AA, its cool to see a 916 on the road..
Valy
aktion035.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 27 2019, 07:40 AM) *

Regardless of your opinions on George or AA, its cool to see a 916 on the road..

agree.gif Very cool.
2mAn
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 27 2019, 07:40 AM) *

agree.gif agree.gif

Better to see them driven rather than parked, or worse yet... on jack stands lol
Larmo63
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jun 27 2019, 07:20 AM) *

And another one, have you been sucking on lemons or just bitter by nature? Tired of you nay sayers and your personal problems expressed here on the forum

agree.gif beerchug.gif

Not bitter, I just avoid people who burn me multiple times in multiple ways. Bad business, lying, and hanging up on customers makes me wonder how you stay in business.

There is a reason for my (and many others) disdain for you, George.

Then you come over to 914 World like nothing ever happened?

I shouldn't comment on your threads.
jdamiano
Ignore the haters and keep posting. Cool to see the 916 out for a drive.
Krieger
The sound is really nice!
hndyhrr
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 27 2019, 09:55 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jun 27 2019, 07:20 AM) *

agree.gif beerchug.gif

Not bitter, I just avoid people who burn me multiple times in multiple ways. Bad business, lying, and hanging up on customers makes me wonder how you stay in business.

There is a reason for my (and many others) disdain for you, George.

Then you come over to 914 World like nothing ever happened?

I shouldn't comment on your threads.

I'm with you one this one, been burned also and customer service.... if that's what you call it.
tejon007
...so, now I really need to make it to the Atlanta Porsche Museum while the 914s are still there. Thanks for sharing yours!
76-914
Imagine PT Barnum w/o a conscience! @Larmo63
mepstein
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 27 2019, 07:04 PM) *

laugh.gif
Larmo63
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 27 2019, 04:04 PM) *

beer.gif
Jmkorfha
I’ve read both the good and the bad about George. All the way back. I bought a car from him and I buy parts from him. There have been some issues but he has taken care of them. I don’t think the average consumer has any idea what it takes to run a successful business. Parts suppliers lie and produce inferior parts. Customers lie too and expect quality for cheap. The old saying that the customer is always right is the attitude to have when dealing with the public. But it simply is not true.
I think it takes a special kind of asshole to run a business these days.
And I mean that as a compliment.
People have been predicting Georges demise for years and yet he just keeps on doing business. Profitably, I assume, or he would quit.
Nobody can fake it for as long as AA has been around.
Keep posting George. I enjoy seeing your cars and reading your opinions.
914four
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jun 27 2019, 09:24 AM) *

Thank you, it is my sincerest wish to continue to promote the 914 any way I can, we are now taking seven cars to the Atlanta Porsche musuem on July the 14th so taking them out and getting them ready, hence the postings of the 914s running and in action. They have been stored for quite a while now and of course all need different things done to them. They will be joining the Brumos 914-6 GT to be an all 914 exhibit celebrating the 50th and be there at the museum for six months. Nice to see that Porsche headquarters will now have an all 914 exhibit for half of a year!!!!! Everyone 914 owner should be excited

Congratulations George! first.gif

Thank you for your continued support of the 914 for so many years. I look forward to seeing some of your cars at the Porsche museum. Will there be a ceremony July 14th or will they just have the cars on display for the next few months?

Kelvin
bandjoey
Never met Larmo but a good contributor to posts over the years. He’s also the AA critic over the years. I think it’s time to move on and take it offline. No issues on my part and enjoy the posts about our cars. IMHO
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Jmkorfha @ Jun 27 2019, 09:13 PM) *

I’ve read both the good and the bad about George. All the way back. I bought a car from him and I buy parts from him. There have been some issues but he has taken care of them. I don’t think the average consumer has any idea what it takes to run a successful business. Parts suppliers lie and produce inferior parts. Customers lie too and expect quality for cheap. The old saying that the customer is always right is the attitude to have when dealing with the public. But it simply is not true.
I think it takes a special kind of asshole to run a business these days.
And I mean that as a compliment.
People have been predicting Georges demise for years and yet he just keeps on doing business. Profitably, I assume, or he would quit.
Nobody can fake it for as long as AA has been around.
Keep posting George. I enjoy seeing your cars and reading your opinions.

Long ago I worked at Radio Shack back when they only sold their own products under Realistic or Optimus brands. Had a “customer” come in wanting to get a refund for a Sony radio that he supposedly bought - no receipt of course. To make a long story short, the cops had to be called to extract him from the store when it looked as if things might get violent.

Also worked as a cook in a restaurant; you wouldn’t believe the number of dine and dashes that happen. Or “customers” that will gorge themselves on the salad bar and bread (multiple trips / plates) and then suddenly take issue with the entree and demand that they won’t pay - even for the salad bar!

Bottom line - running a retail operation is a lot tougher than it looks on paper.
Superhawk996
first.gif for driving it!

Crushes my soul to see how few exotic and/or classic cars are really ever driven.

So many trailer queens in this world

mb911
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jun 30 2019, 02:09 PM) *

first.gif for driving it!

Crushes my soul to see how few exotic and/or classic cars are really ever driven.

So many trailer queens in this world

agree.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.