Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please educate me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
9140430011 ??? Look at this one (obviously has had a fender replaced. What do you think?

Click to view attachment

This one is 9140430010 !!!!
914Sixer
I would be interesting to find the history if it is the real deal. Did escape from the factory? Was it a prototype?
SirAndy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 26 2019, 05:31 PM) *
Was it a prototype?

No, prototypes had numbers in the format of 914xxx where xxx was the running number.

I have been saying for years that the whole notion of the serial numbers starting with xx11 is all based on speculation.

If you look at the official literature, it is stated over and over again that they started with 0001.
shades.gif

PS: However, in the picture posted above, it isn't actually clear that this is a 10 at the end ...
dakotaewing
Could that be XX80?
Literati914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 26 2019, 08:20 PM) *

PS: However, in the picture posted above, it isn't actually clear that this is a 10 at the end ...

That's true... the supposed "1" does not look like the number 1 in the "914xx" section of the number. Actually it looks closer to the 9 in the "914xx" section of the number! IMO.
gms
Easy to solve this riddle, the early cars have different body panels than the production cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.