Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5.5" clutch for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
old914dog
Teeners,
As I have stated in earlier posts, the race car is gone and the pilot is Ka-put! I am selling off this clutch. I hate to think about what Wes Hildreth at H&H Enterprises charged to lighten the flywheel, drill, center and tap holes for 5.5" Pressure Plate, build an extension for the stock clutch release bearing, and then set it up in the car. Does not even include the initial cost of goodies. This is a double disc rated at 500lbs of torque. Tilton or Quarter Master brand. We ultimately used a single Plate on the pressure plate to save on thrust washers and the case. The disc are good and new are available for the 914 tranny input shaft. This is not a plug and play. It is Damn sure not for the street. It is a light switch clutch. You must rev the engine and slip the tires or have a push to get rolling. I found in my notes the flywheel weighs just over 9lbs, but I dont have a good scale. With 12 to 1 compression engine, the throttle response is crisp. It jumps out of the corner But you must resist the urge to "bang" shift or you buy 4 new syncros rings and 2 operating sleeves after a fun weekend. $600 plus shipping from the DFW area.
old914dog
$500.00
Try this on your autocrosser and see what throttle response is like!!
old914dog
Please call Kennedy and check on prices of light-weight pressure plates and discs!!
old914dog
$300 and a gallon of Crown!
old914dog
Sold, Funded, and Shipped.
thanks tenners!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.