Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone in SoCal looking for driver projects?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Tdskip
I need to juggle the fleet a bit, going to put two drivers / rolling projects up for sale to help knock out the 3.2 build. Would prefer they stay in the 914 World family so putting this out there here first.

Both are ‘74s, both are drivers but have different pro/cons.

‘74 Black on Black from factory, recently competed a OR to SoCal trip without issue. Mechanically very healthy and complete. 2.0L car with good trans, engine is believed to be a low mile rebuild and runs like it and holds its oil. Has had functional and solid but not art work hell hole repair and passenger long touch up. Needs minor sorting, has driver paint. You could drive this one cross-country if you wanted. Asking $6,999.

‘74 Metallic Cooper but originally Olympic Blue. AZ car from new, very-very solid car but has A/C put in so need those holes closed up. 2.0L case with 1.8 heads. This is the one that has excessive blowby but still pulls strong and no smoke out the exhaust. Good trans. Asking $5,999. Vince said he could address it for under $1,000 assuming it is indeed rings.

Send a PM and we can talk live and I’ll give you the straight scoop on both so you can pick the right one for your goals. I have a bit of wiggle room but not a whole lot just to set expectations.

Click to view attachment
Bruce Hinds
More pictures Please . . .
mb911
Good deals for both.. Glad to see you are moving forward with your 3.2 build..
Tdskip
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 30 2019, 07:32 AM) *

Good deals for both.. Glad to see you are moving forward with your 3.2 build..

@mb911 - good morning! Neither of these are perfect but both are worthwhile for the right buyer. I still have the ‘66 FJ40 and Elan to get running/driving home but am planning on getting more bits together for the 3.2l build while I do that. Will touch base with you on that in the next month or so. Have a good rest of your weekend.
Tdskip
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Jun 29 2019, 08:05 PM) *

More pictures Please . . .

Hi Bruce - I have two people who have asked to come see the car today and one potential local person interested. If you are seriously interested I’m happy to have a local person inspect it or do a FaceTime walk around. You could drive it back to the PAC Northwest if you wanted (and I’d encourage you to do that!)

Clear OR title in hand with current plates.

To provides some additional background this was a 1.8 as-built now running a non-bus 2.0l. I do not have receipts on the rebuild, from what I have figured out the rebuild was done 5+ years ago and then left at the shop. Engine is WAY too clean, runs super well and doesn’t leak for it not to have been rebuilt. It is a center console car, one of the original gauges was replaced with an aftermarket cylinder head temp gauge. Car runs bang on where the temperature is supposed to and I drove it at speed and in traffic and it was happy in both settings.

It’s had one repaint over the factory black. Both trunks good, front is excellent and rear is solid but has been wire brushed and touched up. Has good grey carpet now, driver quality door panels with door mounted speakers. Aftermarket stereo with CD player that works but frankly doesn’t sound that great. Good seats. Decent top. Missing driver side door seal. Front and rear sway bars with new 195/65 tires. Tracks straight and brakes pull up true. Rear brakes were rebuilt prior to my picking it up. Ditto for new brake MC and she has a rebuild pedal cluster too.

It’s not a show car, it is a driver that judging from my successful trip and living with it briefly should be ready for whatever you want to throw at it. If you want to build a show car you’d be better off with my AZ car (really) or spend more for a pristine shell. On this one when the time comes to repaint it you will want to take it to bare metal and I am sure there will be some body work needed with localized welding. There is a floor patch that is solid but the worlds are a bit snotty, same on the passenger long. The core of the car is good however with great door gaps and she handled being tossed around on double lane roads through the redwoods near Eureka without any shudder. I pulled both long covers off and the driver side is basically perfect.

If it doesn’t sell locally in the next couple days I’ll photo document it but will then go up for a wider audience.
2mAn
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jun 29 2019, 03:41 PM) *

‘74 Metallic Cooper but originally Olympic Blue. AZ car from new, very-very solid car but has A/C put in so need those holes closed up. 2.0L case with 1.8 heads. This is the one that has excessive blowby but still pulls strong and no smoke out the exhaust. Good trans. Asking $5,999. Vince said he could address it for under $1,000 assuming it is indeed rings.

Send a PM and we can talk live and I’ll give you the straight scoop on both so you can pick the right one for your goals. I have a bit of wiggle room but not a whole lot just to set expectations.

Any pics of this one?
Tdskip
Pictures above not reliably showing up, sorry.Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Click to view attachment
mxhondarider832
Pm sent
Tdskip
Deposit taken from a fellow enthusiast. She’ll be staying here in SoCal.
markhoward
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jul 3 2019, 09:32 PM) *

which one is spoken for?
Tdskip
QUOTE(markhoward @ Jul 3 2019, 11:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jul 3 2019, 09:32 PM) *

which one is spoken for?

Good morning Mark. The ‘74 Black on Black has a despot on it. The ‘74 Olympic blue (now with one repaint in metallic copper) AZ car is available still. Very good, but not perfect, shell. Runs and drives but has blowby. You could drive it to NorCal but would be a bit messy.

Leaning towards keeping this one since I have a couple “spare” 2.0L engines (and 2.7 which is temping....), but frankly could use the space and it would help me focus on other builds. First world “problem”.

Tdskip
The '74 Black on Black car has been sold. I am happy to report that a very nice SoCal family just picked it up and will be providing a good home for the car.

Sale of the '74 Copper Metallic car likely on hold until I swap in a known good 2.0l and repair the darn air conditioning holes unless someone really wants it as-is.
Click to view attachment
mmichalik
Tom,
The car ran home like a dream. It was everything you said it was and we're happy to have it in the family.
Thanks for the great, smooth transaction. It will be registered via AAA tomorrow and we'll be off to the races. (figuratively)
Thanks again!
Mike
Ron65
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jul 7 2019, 12:23 PM) *

The '74 Black on Black car has been sold. I am happy to report that a very nice SoCal family just picked it up and will be providing a good home for the car.

Sale of the '74 Copper Metallic car likely on hold until I swap in a known good 2.0l and repair the darn air conditioning holes unless someone really wants it as-is.
Click to view attachment

Just wanted to say a big Thank You to Tom! I expressed interest in the copper car and he wanted to make sure that fit what I wanted. Thoughtful guy here. He helped me go over the options I currently have. Hard to do sometimes when emotion gets in the way. Ron in MD
Tdskip
Nice to chat Ron, fingers crossed your current car works out.
Crossworth
Just my luck I am always to late in a good deal.
I guess I will keep looking.

Looking for a 914 or a 911 as a father and son + daughter bonding era.
Amazingly they prefer the great outdoors and anything on wheels over an electronic device. They tune up / repair their Mtn bikes and a few things around the house.
Tdskip
Copper car is still available
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.