Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MattR
Im running my carter fuel pump up front and im looking for a switched positive to energize the fuel pump. Where can I steal 12v?

fuse panel?

relay board (and run a wire through the tunnel)?

headlights? gauges?

ideas??? mueba.gif
Long Prong
relay board dude. I wouldnt further tax the OE electrical system....tell me how you routed it too, bc i have to do the exact same thing.
MattR
Okay, off the relay board. How do you route the wire? How about through the fuel return line? Or through the tunnel?

long prong = mikey?
Long Prong
through the tunnel

start from the grommet in the engine bay (center) to bottom of the car and through another grommet in the tunnel......get the wire to the access panel either by the shifter OR by the firewall.....run under carpet and your set...up the passenger footwell and into the front trunk area and down to where you need.

i like games.....guess who?
Long Prong
well I must say that I am humbled that you would think I was mike....

actually this is britt.
I just don't want people to think i'm miles or something laugh.gif

ohmy.gif now miles is gonna get me back somehow.
MattR
Nah, we knew it was either you or mike.

Okay, so the wire goes in the tunnel up front. But how do I get it out at the firewall? Drill another hole? dry.gif

any other solutions?
Long Prong
well you do have the spot where your fuel return line is, right? just follow that, or i think I would hit a un-used portion in the tunnel (in your case, the fuel return line grommet thing)....I hate drilling holes....

honestly as a temp fix, i found a hole where the insulating stuff went(in the engine bay), i put the wire through that and through the tar and down the backpad.
Joe Bob
Nope....I would use something from Monty Python...like Biggus Dickus....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.