Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Visiting the US from UK
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
23e Heure
Great thread updates, looks like a great day!

Well done Darren for “keeping the British end up” lol3.gif
Look forward to hearing more about it when you get back to Blighty.
914_7T3
QUOTE(23e Heure @ Jul 16 2019, 11:55 AM) *

Great thread updates, looks like a great day!

Well done Darren for “keeping the British end up” lol3.gif
Look forward to hearing more about it when you get back to Blighty.

@23e Heure Can we correctly use the term "proper chap" to describe @Darren C ?

drunk.gif
Darren C
Thanks Margie, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you & Paul too.
What an amazing time you’ve had in racing! I am truly in awe of your achievements & could listen all day to your stories.
As for the 914world build-off Shirt, is one of my favourites & although I didn’t win, it was the taking part alongside all the other great 914 enthusiasts that counted. I couldn’t not have brought it on the trip.
Yes there’s a big 50 years gathering this weekend in UK & I hope to attend on route back from the airport.
Keep an eye out in the fall, as a few of you may have guessed I’m here to lend a hand on a new TV show. It’s going to be an epic build & Challenge. Can’t say any more but will let you know when it’s closer.
Had a great day at Oscars, thanks again to everyone for making me feel welcome. You have some GREAT cars!

Noel, you were really up for learning stuff, so I found this old video I made a while back as part of a whole series of shorts to encourage teach kids how stuff works & encourage them into engineering.
Here in UK we’ve started a scheme & program to teach traditional engineering skills before they are lost forever. Check out “The Association of Heritage Engineers” I’m member 001 & it’s gone massive now with government & college patrons
In the meantime here’s an appropriate short tutorial for last Saturday

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BXkp9olrFWM
ValcoOscar
Darren-

Thanks for getting your hands dirty on resolving Jeffrey’s start issue. You fit right in.
What a team effort! And Yes, I could listen to Margie and Paul all afternoon. They are a great couple.
Give them props for the 5 hours of traffic they had to endure that day. I guess that’s peanuts compared to driving “24 hours of Le Mans”…go Margie!

beerchug.gif

Oscar

914SIXXation
QUOTE(Darren C @ Jul 17 2019, 10:25 AM) *

Thanks Margie, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you & Paul too.
What an amazing time you’ve had in racing! I am truly in awe of your achievements & could listen all day to your stories.
As for the 914world build-off Shirt, is one of my favourites & although I didn’t win, it was the taking part alongside all the other great 914 enthusiasts that counted. I couldn’t not have brought it on the trip.
Yes there’s a big 50 years gathering this weekend in UK & I hope to attend on route back from the airport.
Keep an eye out in the fall, as a few of you may have guessed I’m here to lend a hand on a new TV show. It’s going to be an epic build & Challenge. Can’t say any more but will let you know when it’s closer.
Had a great day at Oscars, thanks again to everyone for making me feel welcome. You have some GREAT cars!

Noel, you were really up for learning stuff, so I found this old video I made a while back as part of a whole series of shorts to encourage teach kids how stuff works & encourage them into engineering.
Here in UK we’ve started a scheme & program to teach traditional engineering skills before they are lost forever. Check out “The Association of Heritage Engineers” I’m member 001 & it’s gone massive now with government & college patrons
In the meantime here’s an appropriate short tutorial for last Saturday

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BXkp9olrFWM

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the information. Very impressed that you have done projects to teach the kids the traditional engineering skills. I did watch your youtube video which was very informative and well done! I hope that your new TV show is a big success and you really enjoy doing it.

Hope you have a great trip back and SUPER time at the English 50th for the 914. Please extend our greetings from the USA!
I'll PM you and hopefully we can keep in touch!

Cheers,
Margie
(Yankee Sheila) driving-girl.gif

P.S. As I mentioned to you....we have lots of great memories from England and greatly appreciate the opportunity we had to compete in the WEC. We started in 1983 at Brands Hatch with the British Charles Ivey Racing Team co-driving with Paul Smith and David Ovey.....Found this photo in my archives I thought you might enjoy seeing....Vroom Vroom.....Click to view attachment
Darren C
Well, after a flight back to UK I managed to attend the UK 50 year anniversary of the 914 at Brooklands (Worlds first ever race track) and it was a fantastic display

It was a crazy day for me, as in the Morning I had breakfast at Laguna Beach CA, flew out of LAX at 5:45pm and due to time zone I'd been awake 31 hours in a single day when I landed in UK & drove to Brooklands, but that wasn't going to stop me attending this amazing 914 event

50 cars to celebrate 50 years!

A little rain in the morning cleared up to bright sunshine in the afternoon.

Selection of pictures on dropbox here :-)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mh60vbvch4o897z/...00206-214822067
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.