Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black Sabbath is A L I V E !!!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
smilie_pokal.gif Well gents, after braving numerous rain storms ( I was working under the car so I braved it well, but still got drenched ) I put the finishing touches on my baby and shut her down for the night just 20 mins ago!!!

I am soo relieved!! After about 1 full hour of tuning the carbs, fiddling with the timing and retuning the carbs I was done!

Here are my enigine stats before and after tuning--

Before:

oil of choice - Castrol 20-40 break-in blend
Head temp-225 Degrees ( after 20 min cam run)
oil press ( cold ) - 80 psi
Oil temp after 10 mins - 115 degrees, 20 min - 175 degrees
Idle-sucked ass

I could not really do any tuning to it, just monitor due to mandatory cam break-in of 20 mins @ 2500 rpm. Because of the timing and rough adj. mixtures the head temps I was expecting to be warm, but I was still amazed.

After tuning and fully hot: smilie_pokal.gif

Head temp-185 degrees at 950 rpm for 35 mins
oil press - 18 psi, and 60 psi @ 3500 rpm
oil temp - 165 degrees
Idle- Sweet as WARM APPLE PIE - with a slight lope

After over one solid hour of running not a single solitary oil leak anywhere!!!

I can already tell that this is one stout ass combo, and with my homemade engine and tranny mounts I hit another home run for rigidity AND vibration proofing!!

Next on the agenda: Install short shift kit, make appt. for 4 wheel align, clean it up, and fill the tank with 93 octane + booster And driving.gif and final set the timing, mixtures. aktion035.gif

I also followed cam reccommendations of .004-.006 pushrod setting, I split the diff with .005--quiet and smooth as Sam's ass---those of you in the know know who Sam is--hehe happy11.gif

Oh well I am tired--Hey Nando--wish you were here buddy to witness!!
Dr. Roger
Am I to understand that you have posted this new thread without a pic of this gorgeous brand new engine that doesn't leak?

Sweeeeeet!

I haven't seen a 914 that didn't leak in a long time... I don't get out very much. biggrin.gif
xsboost90
Fu-kin-eh
jwalters
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Jun 26 2005, 08:17 PM)
Am I to understand that you have posted this new thread without a pic of this gorgeous brand new engine that doesn't leak?

Sweeeeeet!

I haven't seen a 914 that didn't leak in a long time... I don't get out very much. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif Thanks bro --the pics of the engine are on page 2 right now, black sabbath update....

I am stoked it is not leaking either!!

Thanks aktion035.gif
jwalters
QUOTE (xsboost90 @ Jun 26 2005, 08:20 PM)
Fu-kin-eh

laugh.gif I loved that movie--brought back alot of memories of yore---every high school had one of those dudes in it!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.