Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: New L-Jet Harness for $525
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rbzymek
https://www.ebay.com/itm/192976819142
bdstone914
@rbzymek

Thanks for posting.

Seller does not know his parts. 1974 and 1975 are different. AFM has 6 vs 7 pin connector and the 1975 has the ambient temp sensor.
Only about 1100 of each year made so the demand is low. I have a bunch of used L jet harnesses if anyone needs one cheap.

Bruce
euro911
I have no dog in the fight, but the seller does state this in the ad:

"Please specify whether the air flow meter has 6 pins or 7 pins."
JeffBowlsby
Obviously an amateur. No boots to protect the exposed wires at connectors from heat degradation? Aftermarket housings...who knows if/how well they fit. The slit corrugated tubing in a vintage Porsche? It is an inferior material for this use and does not keep fluid contamination out to say nothing of how it looks. I could go on...
bdstone914
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jul 5 2019, 01:49 PM) *

Obviously an amateur. No boots to protect the exposed wires at connectors from heat degradation? Aftermarket housings...who knows if/how well they fit. The slit corrugated tubing in a vintage Porsche? It is an inferior material for this use and does not keep fluid contamination out to say nothing of how it looks. I could go on...

All good points Jeff.
I wonder who he is with 254 ebay sales. Like you say an amateure.
Looks home made. Wonder how many he has sold?
Bruce
bdstone914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 5 2019, 09:04 AM) *

I have no dog in the fight, but the seller does state this in the ad:

"Please specify whether the air flow meter has 6 pins or 7 pins."

I missed that. So if there are two different parts why not sell them as two parts ?
Does he make one up after it sells ?
How does the seller know exactly what he is getting ?
Too many red flags. shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.