Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a somewhat local (Baltimore, MD) paint/body guy/shop to do some engine compartment work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RichPugh
It has gotten to the point where I can’t really do a much more work myself to clean up or paint the engine compartment in my 914 to be ready to accept the 3.0 -6. I am putting the front suspension back on this week and ideally I would like to tow it to someone’s shop so that they can tidy up the engine compartment. It needs to be cleaned, prepped and painted. I’ve drilled the drivers side for the -6 oil tank provisions and would need to remove a couple unneeded brackets and probably replace the battery tray along with some light hell-hole repair... (there was some previous repair work in the hell-hole, the longitudinal and the door latch but I believe primarily structural stuff is ok, so hopefully the hell-hole just needs to be tidied up). I also don’t weld so Ild like to find someone to help me weld the Naro Escape 914-6 mount in the car... even in my garage prior to taking it to paint if that makes it easier. I have a 240v outlet smile.gif

Anyone suggest or recommend anyone or any shop around the Baltimore area?

Thanks in advance.

- Rich Pugh

RichPugh
Pics for monday... LOL

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
rgolia
Translog in York pa. Tony Miller is the owner
lalee914
Maybe CPR in Easton, MD
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jul 9 2019, 04:31 AM) *

Translog in York pa. Tony Miller is the owner

Tony is a good guy, done business with him for years!
RichPugh
Tony is a good guy, done business with him for years!

I shot him an email yesterday. Hoping to hear back from him. Thank you!
VaccaRabite
Yup, Tony is the man. My 914 is going there in a few days for some dyno tuning.

Steve Limbert of AirCooled Racing just north of York PA is also a good resource.

And Pauls shop in Harrisburg (European Motors? I can never remember the name of his shop :-/. Hell of a nice guy too, and has supported World in the past. )

South Central PA has good aircooled resources. I lived in and around Baltimore for years and never really learned of good resources in that city.
RichPugh
Tony at Translog took care of me. I knew it wasn't going to be a restoration level finish (the car had lots of previous crude repairs) and I told Tony not to go out of his way to make it look perfect, but Tony and the crew checked it out, repaired several problem areas, cleaned up a few things, welded in my Naro -6 mount, replaced the battery tray and support and I'm pretty happy with the results. I've been slowly putting it back together and should have a running, driving car sometime this winter.

Before
IPB Image

After
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.