Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whew....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tjmrfe
Just a quick thank you....a few weeks ago, I put it out there that I was attempting to pull my 1.8 For the first time, I asked for help, had quite a few offers, (thank you) and most said, you can do it alone....they were right! TA DA! Lol.... Well its out!...big shout out to Ian, his YouTube videos and supporting phone calls helped me through the apprehension.
Now comes the hard part, explaining to the Mrs. That the stuff coming in the mail for the next few weeks is really necessary....and she’s better off not looking...mmm, maybe I’ll just have it shipped to Work? Lol...thanks again for all the support I’ve gotten here..it really helps this is a great resource and I really do enjoy this hobby in spite of what the kids hear coming from the garage...Click to view attachment
iankarr
Woot Woot!!! congrats, Terry! Very cool to see that engine on the ground. Please share your challenges and solutions / workarounds!
ndfrigi
congrats!
burton73
There you go. Just like that it is out.

Bob B
Porschef
Presto! It’s out! Always great having support and guidance the first time.

Cause you know, this ain’t gonna be the last... biggrin.gif

Nice work, Terry beerchug.gif
76-914
Well, you"re hooked now! beerchug.gif
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jul 9 2019, 01:59 AM) *

Presto! It’s out! Always great having support and guidance the first time.

Cause you know, this ain’t gonna be the last... biggrin.gif

Nice work, Terry beerchug.gif

Thanks!
worn
QUOTE(Tjmrfe @ Jul 8 2019, 12:09 PM) *

Just a quick thank you....a few weeks ago, I put it out there that I was attempting to pull my 1.8 For the first time, I asked for help, had quite a few offers, (thank you) and most said, you can do it alone....they were right! TA DA! Lol.... Well its out!...big shout out to Ian, his YouTube videos and supporting phone calls helped me through the apprehension.
Now comes the hard part, explaining to the Mrs. That the stuff coming in the mail for the next few weeks is really necessary....and she’s better off not looking...mmm, maybe I’ll just have it shipped to Work? Lol...thanks again for all the support I’ve gotten here..it really helps this is a great resource and I really do enjoy this hobby in spite of what the kids hear coming from the garage...Click to view attachment

Oh, I say! Well done! Indeed you should be proud!
Superhawk996
Easier the next time. Soon you will have it down to a 1 1/2 hour job to pull an engine!
PanelBilly
I see your problem. The engine was installed in the wrong direction. You’ll need to turn it 90 degrees.

Looks good
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.