Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L-jet 1.8 injector options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
Found these on ebay for a set of 4 or other sellers have them individually,Standard Intermotor injector # FJ6-4 listed for a few other VW's also,411/412 and FI Beetle for example.
Seems to be listed by several vendors but some only list #FJ6 for the same application so don't really why there is 2 part numbers ?.
Would be interested on opinions from those that have used them,need to know before buying TIA.
914Sixer
How about a set of real Bosch for $34.95 each? They are in WorldParts box though. EBAY Item 183609087302
jcd914
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jul 10 2019, 01:15 PM) *

listed for a few other VW's also,411/412 and FI Beetle for example.

Any injector that fits a 411/412 which are D-jet engines does not work for a 1.8L L-jet engine. I don't know what injector the FI bugs used but I think they were L-jet.
So it seem the listing you are quoting from is confused since the injectors used for L-jet and D-jet are different.

Jim
JeffBowlsby
The Standard FJ6 is supposedly a replace for the L-jet 74-75 1.8L injectors according to the PN they list in their advertisements.

porschetub
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Jul 11 2019, 11:36 AM) *

QUOTE(porschetub @ Jul 10 2019, 01:15 PM) *

listed for a few other VW's also,411/412 and FI Beetle for example.

Any injector that fits a 411/412 which are D-jet engines does not work for a 1.8L L-jet engine. I don't know what injector the FI bugs used but I think they were L-jet.
So it seem the listing you are quoting from is confused since the injectors used for L-jet and D-jet are different.

Jim

Thanks Jim ,could be my bad I will check the listing and yes you are right D-jet don't work but certain about the beetle ones,shame really as I have a plenty of D-jet ones sad.gif .
Thanks to Jeff also ,will do further research,my eyes were bleeding after last time I searched lol-2.gif .
Jmkorfha
Autozone has Gp Sorenson fuel injectors that fit. I installed one a couple weeks ago and it runs perfect. About $60 and came next day.
Of course mine is djet. They list another part number for 1.8.
porschetub
Mark thanks for that and the contact/link,will look that way but checked on the Standard website and Jeff is correct so most likely go that way.
Yes the listing is a bit odd but the right part number is there so that's good appears they are a surplus car part clearing house so maybe that's the mix up...have had this before on ebay.
Cheers all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.