Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Massive 914 Parts Lot For Sale on Pelican - No Affiliation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DennisO
This may have already been posted, but a Guy on Pelican is selling two large storage units of 914 parts for $3500. No affiliation, but just passing on the info.

Pelican Link:
https://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...s-filled-4.html

Ebay Link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/113769109296?ul_noapp=true
Tdskip
Seller is a known guy and decent to deal with.

@Chi-town and I have been out to see him, but that was some time ago. I believe there are transmission hanging around as well but don't seem to be included in this lot of parts.
rhodyguy
That is quite a few trips to whatever shipper and substantial box time to crest the $3.5k and start making money. What do you do with a jumbled pile of push rods? Recycle....lay in a good supply of boxes before you buy the lot. You're going to need them.
Chi-town
I helped sort it.

It was almost $8k originally. When he reduced the price he excluded the transmissions, the engines, and bumpers.
mepstein
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Jul 12 2019, 08:45 PM) *

I helped sort it.

It was almost $8k originally. When he reduced the price he excluded the transmissions, the engines, and bumpers.

We talked about this at WCR. Other than a 914 shop with plenty of free storage, I can’t see making money on this. These pieces look like very average parts from parted cars. Wayne at pelican has a stash, as in small warehouse, full of nos 911 and 914 parts. That’s some serious coin.
If this stuff was mine, I would have a two day weekend sale. Cash and carry. Whatever is left at the middle of day two, gets given away.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 12 2019, 08:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Chi-town @ Jul 12 2019, 08:45 PM) *

I helped sort it.

We talked about this at WCR. Other than a 914 shop with plenty of free storage, I can’t see making money on this. These pieces look like very average parts from parted cars. Wayne at pelican has a stash, as in small warehouse, full of nos 911 and 914 parts. That’s some serious coin.
If this stuff was mine, I would have a two day weekend sale. Cash and carry. Whatever is left at the middle of day two, gets given away.

agree.gif 100% it would take a lot of time and effort to recoup your $3.5K BEFORE you would make a dime profit.
malcolm2
price dropped to under $2k
mepstein
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Dec 12 2019, 09:37 PM) *

price dropped to under $2k

It’s costing more in storage than it’s worth.
For $2k, I’d rather buy a half dozen 911 parts and sell them in a weekend than spend months on this.

A couple years ago we filled a tractor trailer size truck with 911 parts for $50k. Engines, trans, suspensions, etc. it took two weeks to clean and sort. It was a huge amount of downtime for the shop. Probably made $150k profit not including shop time and space when all was said and done but it sucked up a lot of resources.
Tdskip
I didn’t courage anyone that’s actually interested in this to ping Dylan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.