Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75-76 Wire Harness Tape
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
75-76 cars use vinyl tape, NOT the cloth tape used on earlier cars on the wire harness. Factory tape is about 12 mm wide. The closest I could come up with is 3/8" tape that is almost 10mm wide. Side by side you can see a small difference. I stripped off the old factory tape and cleaned up the wires and re-taped the harness. I used a about the same gap as best I could. The difference is not noticeable when you do the whole run. I forgot to get the harness pictures but I will post them tomorrow. Posting pictures of tape side by side.

Sidebar note: I have 4 rolls of tape that will be freebies if someone wants them for the shipping.
edrotol
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 12 2019, 04:44 PM) *

75-76 cars use vinyl tape, NOT the cloth tape used on earlier cars on the wire harness. Factory tape is about 15 mm wide. The closest I could come up with is 1/2" tape that is almost 13mm wide. Side by side you can see a small difference. I stripped off the old factory tape and cleaned up the wires and re-taped the harness. I used a about the same gap as best I could. The difference is not noticeable when you do the whole run. I forgot to get the harness pictures but I will post them tomorrow. Posting pictures of tape side by side.

Sidebar note: I have 4 rolls of tape that will be freebies if someone wants them for the shipping.

I'd like to purchase the 4 rolls. Zip is 01801. Let me know the cheapest, thanks.
914Sixer
Ad is over in the Classified. Shipping will be $6 for all 4 rolls.
914Sixer
Got front and rear done. Removed dash for rehab and redid dash wiring.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.