Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maiden Voyage thanks to all of you!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John90290
After a year and and my first engine rebuild ever which included an upgrade to a 1.9ish from a 1.8 and some hell hole and floor pan repairs she took her first drive today. Had a great time running through the gears, getting fresh gas and heading for a stint on the highway. Perfect sunny Santa Barbara day! Thanks all of you who have helped and those who posted your journeys that I followed and learned from! A little tweaking then body and paint next....
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
Cairo94507
Congratulations and many many miles of smiles. Looking forward to the next evolution. beerchug.gif
wes
A proud moment beerchug.gif
John90290
Lessons learned...
Should have taken way more pictures during disassembly, way more.
Should have been better at labeling nuts and bolts
Got a great parts cleaner 3/4 of the way through, should have gotten that from the start.
Should have bought a lift -max jack would have been $1700 but saved me massive amounts of time and effort.
914Sixer
Glad you got there. aktion035.gif
76-914
Looks great. Good job. thumb3d.gif I had finished 2 or 3 cars before I purchased the Maxx Jack and remember thinking; "Why didn't I buy one of these 10 years ago?" beerchug.gif
Big Len
Fantastic !!!
tvdinnerbythepool
Awesome!
914-300Hemi
Must be an awesome feeling congrats.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.