Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crown/RaJay turbo kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottthephotog
Okay. I know I'm going to get the response "You can't turbo a 914". I found a Crown/RaJay turbo kit for sale which looks to be mostly complete and includes all of the installation documents and diagrams. The guy had it running on a motor he was going to install, then he didn't get around to it, eventually sold the 914 and has the kit still in his garage and wants it gone. It looks like the one thing that might be missing is the throttle adapter which is mentioned in the install instructions.

I've currently got a 1.7 with original EFI that runs pretty well and a GA code 2.0L with original EFI that I'm rebuilding to swap out for the 1.7. (Still going to keep the 1.7 because of matching numbers).

I'm wondering if anyone has any information about these Crown/RaJay kits. I've only seen one thread via searching and google reveals very little. Are they worth it? It's supposed to work with the original EFI. It says for 1.7 & 1.8 engines on the documentation. Does anyone know if it would work on a 2.0? Part of me is leaning towards just buying it and if I don't do anything with it in a couple of years, then sell the turbo kit.

Thanks!
jim_hoyland
914rrr had one installed, here’s a link
See: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=95046&hl=
KevinW
PM sent
worn
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 17 2019, 02:06 PM) *

914rrr had one installed, here’s a link
See: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=95046&hl=

That looks amazingly neat.
jim_hoyland

[/quote]
[/quote]

One of the best ones around.....
DRPHIL914
[quote name='jim_hoyland' date='Jul 18 2019, 07:39 AM' post='2730937']
[/quote]
[/quote]

One of the best ones around.....
[/quote]

how much would it cost to source the same/similar system today? Maybe McMark with chime in he has been running his 1.7 turbo set up for a few years now too-----
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.