Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is that an MG?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orthobiz
Three times this year people in my small rural town of 10,000 people have asked me if my red 1974 is an MG. Argh!!

Maybe with hidden headlights and a sloping roof I could imagine a TR7 but an MG??? Really!

Paul
wes
To some people cars are simply a mode of transportation nothing more. Some years back a co worker knowing that I had spent a fare some of $$ on my much loved 944 seriously said I should look into buying a Ford Probe as they looked the same and where chipper to keep up! I could never look at him the same.
worn
QUOTE(wes @ Jul 18 2019, 02:20 PM) *

To some people cars are simply a mode of transportation nothing more. Some years back a co worker knowing that I had spent a fare some of $$ on my much loved 944 seriously said I should look into buying a Ford Probe as they looked the same and where chipper to keep up! I could never look at him the same.

Generous. You still were willing to look.
worn
QUOTE(wes @ Jul 18 2019, 02:20 PM) *

Generous. You still were willing to look.
JeffBowlsby
These belong in the “stupid things said...” thread

@sirandy
Rand
My favorite experience:
I was fueling. Worker was puzzled. "Wait, wheres the engine?" I acted shocked and took him to the rear and opened the boot. Nothing. We marveled about who stole my engine and I asked him why I was fueling it up in the first place.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yeah right, those people have bad eyesight, This MG CERTAINLY looks like a 914!!!!!!!Click to view attachment
tazz9924
Ive been told cool miata more times than i know. irks me every time
Dredwin
When I parked at Costco, a kid asked his dad what car i was driving. He ignored his kid (probably because he had no idea) and the kid asked, "Is that a BMW" He was about 10 so it was cute.

About 1/4 of the time, I get "I used to own a 914" or "a buddy of mine/dad/neighbor had one". One time a person was literally waiting by my car as Costco was closing to have a conversation. Definitely not the car to have if you don't want to talk to people.
914_teener
Reminds me of this scene:

"What kind of moccasins are those.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEByIZn5qeU
worn
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 19 2019, 06:30 AM) *

yeah right, those people have bad eyesight, This MG CERTAINLY looks like a 914!!!!!!!Click to view attachment

Show off. Nice color. Prince Charles’ choice?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.