Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mobil1 Rebate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Intubator
Hey Folks, I mostly lurk here as I don't own a 914 anymore (at the moment) but I just wanted to pass on some information re a great deal on Mobil 1 oils for those here that use them.
Walmart has it on sale right now for $20 per five quart jug (online) and Mobil 1 is concurrently running a rebate program where you get $12 off each five quart jug you buy, up to four. Walmart is not listed in the retailers list but they are included per their rebate representative who I spoke with today. Also, Walmart will match their online price with in store price as well. Comes out to $1.60/qt...

Rebate link: https://apfco.com/Secured/R10130W/Register

Rebate phone contact: 1-866-895-9127
live free & drive
Look for the Mobil 1 extended performance,high mileage version of the weight of oil you want as they are the only Mobile 1 oils that are close to truly synthetic - although the formulations do change often.

If you want to find out more:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbth...oil#Post5155225

Yes the can of worms is open...
76-914
Thx for posting that. beerchug.gif
SirAndy
I have 16 qts of Mobile 1 0-40 in my oil system. Sounds like a good excuse for an oil change.
idea.gif
914_teener
I run it in the Cayman.

Thanks for the heads up!
porschetub
For the early Porsche guys this is pure poison to our engines.would never run it,personally seen huge oil leaks with it,was never an option with the older engines technology besides.
High quality 20/50 high zinc no question for 914 and 911 engines,the 4 cyl is not really cheap to overhaul and the 911 version even less why "F" around .
Certainly a great buy for those with suitable engines however.
Cheers.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jul 19 2019, 03:59 AM) *

For the early Porsche guys this is pure poison to our engines.would never run it,personally seen huge oil leaks with it,was never an option with the older engines technology besides.
High quality 20/50 high zinc no question for 914 and 911 engines,the 4 cyl is not really cheap to overhaul and the 911 version even less why "F" around .
Cheers.

agree.gif Also a bit off topic and might be old news but Valvoline now
offers VR1 High Zink 20 W 50
Perfect for our early cars.
bbrock
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jul 19 2019, 06:05 AM) *

QUOTE(porschetub @ Jul 19 2019, 03:59 AM) *

Cheers.

agree.gif Also a bit off topic and might be old news but Valvoline now
offers VR1 High Zink 20 W 50

Check out the zinc and phosphorous levels in Mobil 1 15w50. Supposedly good for classic cars with flat tappet engines. https://mobiloil.com/~/media/amer/us/pvl/fi...specs-guide.pdf Not sure about the leaking though.
Spoke
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jul 19 2019, 08:05 AM) *

...Valvoline now offers VR1 High Zink 20 W 50

Just changed the oil in my 911 with VR1 20W50. Bought 18 quarts to stock up. I thought the price was high when checking out and the other guy behind the counter said these were synthetic oil. It was VR1 20W50 synthetic. The counter guy went back and found the real dino oil VR1 20W50. About $50 difference.
Intubator
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 18 2019, 10:32 PM) *

Thx for posting that. beerchug.gif

Glad to do it! Hope it saves some folks some $$!
Intubator
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jul 18 2019, 10:51 PM) *

I run it in the Cayman.

Thanks for the heads up!

No problem, I run it in my 2006 Cayman S as well. 103,000 miles so far with no issues and 13,000 are east coast track miles. I use 5/40 or 0/40 in the winter and 15/50 in the hotter months and track days.
TravisNeff
Get it while supplies last LOL
mlindner
For air cooled 911/ 914 Joe Gibbs Driven, 20W 50 again with high zinc. Mark
Literati914
Has anyone submitted one of these rebates for Mobil1 ? My son just got his first car (an '06 BMW 325i) and my Volvo is due an oil change. How long does it take to get the refund? On-line or mail ?
Carl La Fong
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jul 19 2019, 02:59 AM) *

Cheers.

Not to be argumentative here (heaven forbid) but I have been using Mobil1 15/50 in my 2.2 liter type IV engine for 14 years and it hasn't leaked a drop. My garage floor has always been totally dry. Of course YMMV smile.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Sep 6 2019, 05:18 PM) *

Has anyone submitted one of these rebates for Mobil1 ? My son just got his first car (an '06 BMW 325i) and my Volvo is due an oil change. How long does it take to get the refund? On-line or mail ?

Yep. Got my rebate 2 weeks ago. It's a check that you print then deposit/cash at the bank. It will print the front & back parts of the check on a single piece of paper. My bank cut them both out and stapled them together. I could have done that but didn't want to chance voiding it. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.