Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looking for a place to store a race car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
hey guys, i'm looking for a place to store the soon to be "914club Rent-A-Racer" car for maybe a month or two.

anywhere in the greater bay area would be good. in return, you'll get free rides for a whole year once the car is done!

anyone?
cool.gif Andy

user posted image
skline
You could store it here in my garage, but, I know, I am not in the great bay area. Too far south. The only one who would get to work on it would be me. With all the other projects I got going on, it would never get finished. But hey, at least I offered. biggrin.gif
mightyohm
I would offer, but I just found out I am being forced out of my house, the landlord is selling.

sad.gif
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif common guys, it's just a car! i'll even throw in a tarp so you don't have to look at it ...

wink.gif Andy
grantsfo
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jun 27 2005, 07:50 AM)
icon_bump.gif common guys, it's just a car! i'll even throw in a tarp so you don't have to look at it ...

wink.gif Andy

If you dont mind it being stored in a temporary garage on gravel with very slight potential of a rodent getting in the car (unlikely becuase I have traps everywhere - I havent had a problem for over a year) I can offer storage for two months but need to have the space back by September.

Is Bonny Doon considered extened Bay Area?
SirAndy
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Jun 27 2005, 09:25 AM)
Is Bonny Doon considered extened Bay Area?

at this point, i take what i can get biggrin.gif

SC is not that far. 2 month max. i wanna get back into that car and finish it up. yes, gravel is OK.
rodents are not a concern ...

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
SirAndy
anyone closer than santa cruz that wants the opportunity to brag to his friends about having a race car sitting in his driveway?

i'll need to know by tonight ...
idea.gif Andy
MikeP
I'm in Almaden with plenty of flat tarmac and no mice, I might even let you put it in the garage if you ask nicely.
nocones
SirAndy,

If nothing else works out I could do a two month caretaking of the rent-a-racer.
I'm in Santa Rosa if that's not too far.
SirAndy
QUOTE (MikeP @ Jun 27 2005, 10:58 AM)
I'm in Almaden with plenty of flat tarmac and no mice, I might even let you put it in the garage if you ask nicely.

i have no idea where "Almaden" is, but it sounds much closer to redwood city than SC ...

consider yourself asked nicely!
biggrin.gif Andy

PS: mhmmmm, that engine in your avatar looks familiar. mike? the mike that used to work with hatfield? if so, i've been to your garage!
Jenny
Almaden is about 25-30 miles south of RWC. Think where 85 and 87 intersect.

Jen
MikeP
Yes, correct you are Andy, but I've moved. You are welcome to come see my new garage now. It is about 4 times the size of the old one and I have about 1/2 an acre of FLAT tarmac out front...... JOY! I'm back at the v-8 car in full force these days. If only B were around to help with the 930! Give me a call, I'll send you my #.
Trevorg7
OT - MikeP I too am in almaden on Lenwood. Where are you?

Sorry Andy my garage is full.

Trevor
GTeener
I'm in Palo Alto. If it is only for a few months, and doesn't need a garage, you can put it at my house.

I need to be considerate of my housemates parking though.

We have an RV slab on the side of our house that should work well. It isn't being used and wouldn't block the usage of our running cars in the driveway.

I'm close to Yeaman AutoBody too.
spare time toys
If Texas isnt too far out of the way I got inclosed storage you can use for as long as you want. But if my wheels and tires end up looking like the ones on the rent a racer it is only a coincedence unsure.gif huh.gif wink.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE (jkeyzer @ Jun 26 2005, 10:58 PM)
I would offer, but I just found out I am being forced out of my house, the landlord is selling.

sad.gif

Tennants rights. They can't kick you out. Unless you are month to month. hijacked.gif
GTeener
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Jun 27 2005, 01:04 PM)

sad.gif

Tennants rights. They can't kick you out. Unless you are month to month. hijacked.gif

I'm pretty sure, here in California the landlord only has to give you reasonable notice, like 60-days, regardless of the lease.
Mueller
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Jun 27 2005, 02:04 PM)

sad.gif

new owners = new lease/rental agreement

we've kepts some previous tenants, others we've given the boot smash.gif

oh yea...I "vote" for Mikes place in Almaden Valley mueba.gif
MikeP
Ya, sawzall-smiley.gif I vote my place too, good excuse to have people over, I'm assuming we'll be working on it right?....I just can't keep my havds off 'em you know.
GTeener
If it's at my place I could learn something about fixing my own idea.gif maybe...
neo914-6
QUOTE (MikeP @ Jun 27 2005, 01:21 PM)
Ya, sawzall-smiley.gif I vote my place too, good excuse to have people over, I'm assuming we'll be working on it right?....I just can't keep my havds off 'em you know.

agree.gif Yes, lots of off-street parking, room to work...
Mike, got a BBQ? biggrin.gif
MikeP
pit style and a webber chowtime.gif
Meredith
Ask Nathan. I've heard he has no problem with parking where he lives. rolleyes.gif
McMark
lol2.gif Damn! Nice one Meredith, that should-a been mine. lol2.gif
horizontally-opposed
Might be able to offer a spot in the city, no eviction issues likely.

How wide is that thing, tho?

pete
nebreitling
QUOTE (Meredith @ Jun 27 2005, 05:18 PM)
Ask Nathan. I've heard he has no problem with parking where he lives. rolleyes.gif

ha ha ha... i just got a letter notifying me that the "back patio is not to be used, even temporarily, for the storage of automobile parts".

i'm moving soon. hey stanford: finger.gif

anyone need a complete engine tin, a drivers seat, some interior bits, a great backpad, some djet stuff, some shocks and springs, an engine stand, and who knows what else..... for real cheap?
Britain Smith
i could use some spares.

-britain
Randal
Hey Nathan,

I'll buy the engine stand and complete tin set.

Randal
GTeener
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Jun 27 2005, 07:40 PM)
QUOTE (Meredith @ Jun 27 2005, 05:18 PM)
Ask Nathan.  I've heard he has no problem with parking where he lives.   rolleyes.gif

ha ha ha... i just got a letter notifying me that the "back patio is not to be used, even temporarily, for the storage of automobile parts".

i'm moving soon. hey stanford: finger.gif

I was just looking for a new housemate too, Nathan. Bummer! Wish I knew you were looking for a new abode sad.gif
Jenny
I think Nathan's moving to SF with his gal. wink.gif

I'd be interested in driver's seat & interior pieces. I'll PM you, Nathan.

Jen
GTeener
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jun 28 2005, 08:59 AM)
I think Nathan's moving to SF with his gal. wink.gif

I'd be interested in driver's seat & interior pieces. I'll PM you, Nathan.

Jen

slap.gif Oh ya...

Good luckwith the move, Nathan!
GTeener
Has the storage decision been made yet?
MikeP
It is coming to my place on Friday, we can organize some group work days/ BBQs if anyone is interested/Andy approves.
GTeener
QUOTE (MikeP @ Jun 28 2005, 11:38 AM)
It is coming to my place on Friday, we can organize some group work days/ BBQs if anyone is interested/Andy approves.

Glad a suitable temporary home has been found.

Add those work days to the events calender or sticky topics :^)
ChrisReale
Where are you moving to in the city Nathan?
nebreitling
outer richmond. nice quiet little neighborhood, w/ a garage, and a backyard... no tenderloid for me. last time i was there someone urinated on my car.

not moving for a couple months, though... gotta run my lease out here in nazi-ville.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.