Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help me find an honest mechanic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
manker
I am looking for a paint job and a mechanic in the toronto ontario region
manker@rogers.com 6474007980
bandjoey
Can't speak to paint but the best mechanic is the one in the mirror. Post what's needed and I'm sure someone here will walk you through the work. These are simple cars and fun to work on. smash.gif
ConeDodger
If it runs and drives, take it down to @McMark at Original Customs in Grand Rapids.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the problem these days is just to find a mechanic PERIOD, who knows how to and is willing to work on these older cars. PLUS most body men do collision repair for insurance companies, that is where they make their money. It is very sad what things are coming to no one wants to go into the business. Our body shop guy Kirk would hire four men in a heartbeat and they would earn 100 thousand a year if they were good, He certainly has the work lined up (five years behind!!!!!)

QUOTE(manker @ Jul 20 2019, 05:28 AM) *

Luke M

You may want to try to pm Mark Henry on here. I believe he's also in your region.
I think he has a shop or he maybe able to recommend someone in your area.
manker
QUOTE(Luke M @ Jul 20 2019, 09:04 AM) *

You may want to try to pm Mark Henry on here. I believe he's also in your region.
I think he has a shop or he maybe able to recommend someone in your area.

thank you .possible phone no.
mitch
iankarr
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jul 20 2019, 09:46 AM) *

Can't speak to paint but the best mechanic is the one in the mirror. Post what's needed and I'm sure someone here will walk you through the work. These are simple cars and fun to work on. smash.gif

agree.gif 100 percent. Half the fun of these cars (and this community) is sorting through any issues which come up. Old cars are like guitars...you need to do stuff to keep them in tune almost every time you play wink.gif.
r_towle
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 20 2019, 11:03 AM) *

the problem these days is just to find a mechanic PERIOD, who knows how to and is willing to work on these older cars. PLUS most body men do collision repair for insurance companies, that is where they make their money. It is very sad what things are coming to no one wants to go into the business. Our body shop guy Kirk would hire four men in a heartbeat and they would earn 100 thousand a year if they were good, He certainly has the work lined up (five years behind!!!!!)

George,
you need to work closer with the local community, especially the trade schools and setup some internships, projects, speaking gigs etc...all to find you next body guys.

We are finding in complex security, we see less and less real basic skills in Unix...which is really hard to overcome, but we teach at our age because we have no other choice.

rich
Jmkorfha
Actually, it’s not our responsibility to teach the next generation. All of the sponsorships in the world is not going to solve this problem.
The ones working do more and more while the do nothings and know nothings do less and less while feeling entitled to more and more.
The solution is for those of us who can work with our hands and fix things to charge ever higher prices for what we do.
When the average mechanic is making $200,000 per year and working 3 day weeks it will entice the next generation of working men into these professions.
You can’t get your car fixed, painted or your house roofed on Amazon.
Supply and demand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.