Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look its a AA new product
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
736convers
I hate to see a used product
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33716
rhodyguy
a new #1 for the worst ad ever. "great success..." the pos is broken, period. the ad should include "you will need to buy a seloniod from us too so you can open your trunk". do you even think he READS the shit before he submits the ad? "studs included", i have to glue those on? what a joke.

kevin
thesey914
times must be hard
914werke
Gratuitus plug tongue.gif
If someone wants one, Ill sell the one off my 73.
I have decided I dont like it.
Unbroken but wavey from sun's heat.
Oh BTW Keven's spot on it requires the the electronic hatch relase as well so that IS part of the deal.
There used to be a pull-cable setup available for the use with the lens kit but this is apparently NLA? (I have the latch but no cable)
Scott Carlberg
"we've had fabulous luck glueing these back together".

Great, thanks for telling me THAT now! ar15.gif

I just tore the broken lens off of my car, hey, maybe it's still in the garbage can, huh?
Can I make you a deal, aa?

They MUST be 914 people over there huh. Check out the days & hours left:

Time left: 9 days 14 hours
Mike's2nd914
That's gotta be on of the saddest/funniest damn things I have ever seen. ar15.gif lol2.gif
silver six
Rich,

Are you able to take a photo of the mechanical release mechanism? I'm thinking about making something similar and could use a reference.

Douglas
mightyohm
rolling.gif
914werke
No problem. I actually was more interested in using that than the solinoid unit originally. I called around but no one could help me with a cable.
Ill try to post it tonight smilie_pokal.gif
GaroldShaffer
I had one of these on my old 73. It was ok but I had to "adjust" the solenoid release every other day.

Nothing sucks more when you need to put the top on your car and the rear trunk won't open. headbang.gif I had to ask the neighbor a few times to push the button under the dash while I pulled up on the trunk lid fighting19.gif

I had a cable hooked up also. I will see if I can find my "How To" book on how I made the cable. I think I Brad Mayuer told me how to do it confused24.gif

Garold
kevinseven
The saddest/funniest thing was when AA tried to auction off a "lunch with Dr. 914" on ebay. It included a tour of the 914 World Headquarters and I guess all the tech info you could squeeze in over a cheeseburger.

I can't remember if anyone actually bid and/or won that. Does anybody recall? unsure.gif
Qarl
On Ebay they once listed a 30 minute phone consultation with Dr. 914 or something like that.

The high bidder was Wayne Dempsey from Pelican Parts!

That was funny. Not sure if the call was ever made or not!
914werke
Here is that pic (sorry for the quality)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.