Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 on Ebay now
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raynekat
Quite a project.
Not sure I'm brave enough when I see the underneath pics of the center tunnel area.
You'll have to throw a lot of time and money at this one.

But it would be a cool adriatic blue 914-6 when you're finished....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Porsche-914-9...353.m1438.l2649
scottthephotog
Wow. McKinney is just down the road from me. I wonder how much it will go for. Might have to keep an eye on this one.
Cairo94507
That is a great starting point for a restoration- very clean car. 1970 914-6 in a terrific color Adriatic Blue with Gas Burners! beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
not too many pictures to really tell its overall condition, but at the current price that is all it is worth for a restoration. Been hit in the front end before and a late model front panel has been welded in looks like a late left headlight box as well.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 22 2019, 03:20 PM) *

That is a great starting point for a restoration- very clean car. 1970 914-6 in a terrific color Adriatic Blue with Gas Burners! beerchug.gif

1971 the windshield vin tag is the nicest ive ever seen, must have been under cover,,,still oven baked.. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 22 2019, 03:23 PM) *

not too many pictures to really tell its overall condition, but at the current price that is all it is worth for a restoration. Been hit in the front end before and a late model front panel has been welded in looks like a late left headlight box as well.

i dont know??
Larmo63
Who lets a beautiful car like that get so ratty?

barf.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
914 abusers

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jul 22 2019, 04:08 PM) *

Who lets a beautiful car like that get so ratty?

barf.gif

FlacaProductions
What's goin on in the trunk?
How does the front left headlight box differ early to late - I'm don't know what to look for there...
raynekat
Car is at $35k now (10pm PST on July 22).

Too me, it's almost too expensive unless you can do a "vast" majority of the work yourself.
The dollar signs just spin in my head when I look closely at all the pics.
If you go to any decent shops to get the work done, you'll be under water in no time.
If you can do your own metalwork, bodywork and paint....you'll be miles ahead.

Some things will be tough to take shortcuts on to me.
I'd want the drivetrain (eng and gearbox) to be redone by professionals.
You'll send the brakes out to PMB, redo the entire suspension, etc.
Every rubber seal, entire interior is shot, etc.
How's the electrical system in a car that looks like this?
Will it need serious attention to the wiring harness, gauges, switches, lighting, etc?

Guess it depends on how nice you want this car, what parts are still available, and how much you can do yourself.

A gigantic project no matter what you think.
914 Ranch
Way too much money and way to much work. If the floors are that bad how do you think the longs are. All those nice Porsche parts have over 100K miles on them. I don't think I have enough time to do that much work much less the money.
sixnotfour
ive bought several over the years ,,5-6k is now 25 -30+.....or buy a corvette..
bbrock
I just keep thinking how much better shape that car is in than my POS four banger was when I started my project... and how much more my car would be worth in the condition it's in now if it had that VIN... blink.gif
FlacaProductions
Yeah. But your story with your car is priceless.
mb911
QUOTE(bbrock @ Jul 23 2019, 06:21 AM) *

I just keep thinking how much better shape that car is in than my POS four banger was when I started my project... and how much more my car would be worth in the condition it's in now if it had that VIN... blink.gif

I agree same here..
rhodyguy
Weird bid history. You'd be better off trying to buy Cairo's car and spare yourself years of frustration and a pretty good stack of C-notes. Anyone buying that rattle can black car based on the shitty collection of uninformative pictures could be in for a rude wake up.
campbellcj
About now I'm feeling really good about my personal policy of only buying complete, non-rusty, running cars... Yikes.
rgalla9146
Why is it described as a 1971 when the VIN tag indicates 1970 ?
Cairo94507
Oh....and my car is not for sale- just to be clear. But I understand what rhodyguy was saying. beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
"trying". wink.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Jul 22 2019, 05:47 PM) *

What's goin on in the trunk?
How does the front left headlight box differ early to late - I'm don't know what to look for there...

the late headlight box (75 76) is shorter on the side to clear the bumper shock. Replacement parts by Porsche were all superseded to the late 75 76 front panel and headlight box, so well intended body shops repairing these cars bought new factory parts and welded them in, but wound up modifying the original look of the car with these parts, so spotters can see a mile away that the cars were crashed.
FlacaProductions
Really interesting - thanks George.
sixnotfour
unless someone actually looks at it,,,,,,,,,,opinions are like ...
...not a buyer ,,whatever..i sold one 28500....that was well worse in pics.....sun baked ca. 914-6
second wind
Sly seller....not a good picture of the passenger side front wheel wheel.....as George said....this car has been smashed....next!
gg
mskala
Listing ended early. Supposedly because not 1971, but 1970. But, that question was answered several days earlier and it was obvious anyway.

Not (yet) re-listed. popcorn[1].gif
rgalla9146
It has two of the most unusual sway bars I've ever seen.
Did it get above $35,000 ?
raynekat
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jul 26 2019, 10:32 AM) *

It has two of the most unusual sway bars I've ever seen.
Did it get above $35,000 ?

Don't think so
It's been relisted on Ebay.
Nutter965
Interesting , this was listed on eBay UK but with a different seller for £26000, contacted the seller who was quick to reply but was selling it to the trade ! But give me an offer ..... I didn’t but was re emailed twice for an offer ......
mepstein
QUOTE(Nutter965 @ Jul 27 2019, 08:59 PM) *

Interesting , this was listed on eBay UK but with a different seller for £26000, contacted the seller who was quick to reply but was selling it to the trade ! But give me an offer ..... I didn’t but was re emailed twice for an offer ......

I wonder if someone is trying to flip without actually owning the car. It wouldn’t be the first time.
raynekat
Back on Ebay again.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Porsche-914-9...TkAAOSwVkpdNR5L

Buy it now is $37,500.
I think last time it got up to $35k.
Guy (or gal) should have taken the money and ran.
Big gamble to see if he can get an additional $2500 more for the car considering all that it will need.
What's the saying.....don't look a gift horse in the mouth? Maybe that doesn't apply? ha
rgalla9146

I'll be selling a much better matching number 914 6 in the near future.
gereed75
That is one of the rattiest “all there” cars I have ever seen.

Love the Douglas tires.

Notice the underside of the car - tan undercoating, no body color overspray.
Unobtanium-inc
Eventually everyone will look up and not be able to find complete 914-6 projects and look at ones like that are reasonably priced and say, "Man, I shoulda!"

I think the big flaw that everyone makes when evaluating projects is that they look at them in the moment in terms of value, but fail to take into account that a car like this will take about 5 years to do. My experience is hold any desirable Porsche for 5 years and it only goes up in value, take this and the fact that the car will be a better car in 5 years then the value looks a lot different.

When I buy a project for myself I do this kind of math. So in the case with this car. If you think it's worth $25,000 in today's dollars and you would pay that, because you want a car to restore, then the $35,000 should be no problem since it will probably be worth that in 5 years or so.

Also, remember, restoring cars is cheap therapy and for many of us it's the journey, not the destination, so don't get so hung up on whether or not it's a perfect deal, look more would this be a good car to restore and a great car to own and drive. Things were a lot easier before these cars were worth so much. I bought my 914-6 project back in 2011 for $3500, that was a no-brainer!
mskala
Apparently sold at the B.I.N. of $37500
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.