Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1972 PORSCHE 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
CarGuru
Here I found good 914. Check more photos here.

$4k for buy now. smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif

Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Duplicate post, and way too many unknowns to make that a good deal.
CarGuru
Duplicate post, and way to many unknowns to make that a good deal.

Actually, last time it was sold for $2200, so it might be a good deal, cause it means that this time the final price will be around it. Moreover, it wasn't affected by
corrosion, so as for me it worth to try to rebuild it for so little money.

Can you, please, bring the link for the original post if it's a duplicate?

AlanG
For what its worth the link says its a 1970 and the serial # would confirm that.
Rand
Offer expires? LOL. LMAO. and every other laughing emoji
72teener
Why do you guys run down the value of your cars? Complete car for 4k. I see some potential.
Chi-town
Because you can buy complete running cars for $1500 or decent non running parts cars for $500
Tdskip
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Jul 23 2019, 11:14 PM) *

Because you can buy complete running cars for $1500 or decent non running parts cars for $500

And he has.

That said, that car could be OK. Could also be a disaster. Point being that you don’t know from just a couple pictures and CoPart is a dicey place (to be charitable) to buy a classic.
72teener
$1500 for a good running 914! Once again, why do you run down the value of these cars?
Chi-town
That's just what they sell for.

They don't get the recognition that a 911 does, the general public / car community see them as fancy VW's.

If it was a 6 that would change things.
Mikey914
QUOTE(72teener @ Jul 23 2019, 09:57 PM) *

$1500 for a good running 914! Once again, why do you run down the value of these cars?

Define good.

The devil is in the details.

Yes this could be a 4K car, but needs a good hell hole, minimal rust, runs good, factory fuel injection.

Yes I can find cars at the 1500 price point, but my definition of good is a little different biggrin.gif

The seller needs more info, this is squarely aligned with the #2 post. I know he’s new, but show us a pic that it has a 6 cylinder motor in it and it’s gone in less than an hour.

rhodyguy
Any person that buys that car and bases their decision on the photos is out of their mind. You know the bent front bumper could be a clue. Does the car run (how well?)shift and stop? Have you driven it?

OP. Did you just submitt the Copart ad and have taken no pictures of the car yourself? GLWTS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.