Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 000 and 9/14/2019
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SKL1
Just got an interesting email from 000 magazine. Being a charter subscriber to 000 and knowing Pete Stout is a big 914 fan, he just sent something saying : "Save the date. 9/14/2019 Los Angeles"

Wonder what's up???? Not really a big fan of driving from PHX to the traffic in LA but it may be worth it.
SirAndy
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=339463

That should clear things up ...
rolleyes.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 24 2019, 01:54 AM) *

Porsche family 914-8
Chi-town
It's some kind of event at PECLA from what I'm hearing
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Jul 24 2019, 06:48 AM) *

It's some kind of event at PECLA from what I'm hearing

^ Nope.

Will be in DTLA, with two events in one and participation from PCNA. Should be a lot of fun…
Chi-town
See how easy it is to get someone to spill the beans laugh.gif
ValcoOscar
idea.gif I had planned on an East Coast trip that weekend BUT????

Will await details from Pete!!!!

Or maybe I can import some East Coast drivers for this event???

betty914.jpg blue914.jpg irish914.jpg fuchia914.jpg

Oscar
Larmo63
Magnus event?
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jul 24 2019, 02:25 PM) *

Magnus event?

Nothing against the bearded man, but nope.

This is gonna be a bit different…
76-914
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jul 23 2019, 10:46 PM) *

Just got an interesting email from 000 magazine. Being a charter subscriber to 000 and knowing Pete Stout is a big 914 fan, he just sent something saying : "Save the date. 9/14/2019 Los Angeles"

Wonder what's up???? Not really a big fan of driving from PHX to the traffic in LA but it may be worth it.

Can't blame you for not wanting to drive in LA traffic. I'm about 60 miles away and still hate to make that trip. sad.gif
SKL1
Even if a 914 themed event I think I'd come over in the Macan or the spyder- getting too old for that long a ride from PHX without AC!!
And to think 40 some years ago I never complained the 914 didn't have AC... dry.gif
campbellcj
I'd be cool with downtown or hollywood-ish; doable in my car without killin' me...
horizontally-opposed
Cat's outta the bag, and the good news for 914 enthusiasts is that just about any color originally sprayed on a 914 short of black, white, or silver is a "Rare Shade" today, and one that I am sure enthusiasts would love to see in real life. So I'd love to see a strong contingent of 914s in the Arts District—and we are planning to have a very special group of 914s on hand honor of the 50th anniversary. It will be on 9/14, after all…

You can register for Rare Shades 4 here, and I encourage those of you who subscribe to 000 to keep an eye on their email as we're working on something else for subscribers in the afternoon.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jul 24 2019, 05:10 AM) *

What a cool 914 weekend this should be, between this mysterious event plus the El Segundo show on 9/15! I've got quite a few things to sort out by then...

And love that this is going on the next day...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=segundo
campbellcj
Registered. Should be a fantastic weekend!
Steve
I also just registered
sb914
My car isn’t a original color. Oh well!
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 6 2019, 07:32 PM) *

My car isn’t a original color. Oh well!

Come join us for the fun anyway! Attendance is free, and it would be great to say hi!

On another note: We are looking for an exceptional (and stock concours level or highly original and very presentable) 1975-1976 914 for the special display. If anyone knows of one, please shoot me a PM!

Thanks! beerchug.gif

pete
BENBRO02
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 24 2019, 02:39 PM) *

idea.gif I had planned on an East Coast trip that weekend BUT????

Will await details from Pete!!!!

Or maybe I can import some East Coast drivers for this event???

betty914.jpg blue914.jpg irish914.jpg fuchia914.jpg

Oscar

Hopefully, all east coast 914s will be at Okteenerfest in Banner Elk, NC.
wes
Looks like 2 great events! I’m thinking about going down Friday after my son is out of school. Anyone from the SF Bay Area thinking about going?
rick 918-S
You people on the left coast do not realize how lucky you have it. I would love to see that car. Unfortunately .... well fortunately too.... we are getting a new daughter in law on 9/14. So one for bad two for good.
horizontally-opposed
All right, everyone. We're just about a week away, and want to extend an invitation to everyone here to join us on Saturday—attendance for Rare Shades 4 and the 914 display are free. If you've got a 914 in a cool color, we'd love to see you register it for the show, which is already shaping up to be the biggest Rare Shades so far...and there is still time to register.

The 914 50th display as well as the 914 panel are also coming along nicely...

First introduced in 1969, Porsche’s 914 has only recently begun to be truly appreciated. Please join us at the A+D Museum for a panel discussion moderated by Ray Shaffer from Porsche Classic. Panelists will include 914 racer/dealer Alan Johnson, 914 historian Glenn Stazak, automotive designer/vintage racer Hans Lapine, and 000 editor Pete Stout. Topics will include the 914’s design, engineering, motorsport success, and relevance 50 years later. A number of very special 914 and 914-6 road and race cars will take part in a 50th anniversary display, including—among others—a very early, one-owner 1970 914, the first production 914-6, the first “production” 914-6 GT, a selection of works 914-6 GTs, and a trio of important SCCA race cars from 1970, 1981, and 2005.

Hope to see some of you there!
Dion
Sounds like a fantastic 914 event. Sadly I won’t be able to attend this.
Can someone bribe Ian ( CuddyK) to film this documentary style! biggrin.gif
Take lots of pics fellas! Enjoy.
GeorgeRud
Please take (and post) pics or videos for those of us that can’t attend!
914SIXXation
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Sep 6 2019, 06:33 PM) *

Please take (and post) pics or videos for those of us that can’t attend!

Hi Pete,

Thanks so much for all of your time and enthusiasm to put together such a great event..... definitely one NOT to be missed!

Everything you have planned sounds fantastic and let's rally the 914 community to come join into the celebration and accomplishments of our 914s and their proud, dedicated owners.

I'm sure the display of cars will be gobsmacking. We're also really looking forward to the panel and seeing old racing friends.

See you all soon!

Cheers,

Margie & Paul
driving-girl.gif piratenanner.gif
Larmo63
Pete is kind of a 914 snob.

He likes them. bye1.gif
don-6
This event sounds a little snooty for me and my plain old 914-6 in signal orange.
I'll be at the Automobile Driving Museum event on September 15
horizontally-opposed

Hi Pete,

Thanks so much for all of your time and enthusiasm to put together such a great event..... definitely one NOT to be missed!

Everything you have planned sounds fantastic and let's rally the 914 community to come join into the celebration and accomplishments of our 914s and their proud, dedicated owners.

I'm sure the display of cars will be gobsmacking. We're also really looking forward to the panel and seeing old racing friends.

See you all soon!

Cheers,

Margie & Paul
driving-girl.gif piratenanner.gif

You are welcome—I hope it comes off at least half as well as we hope it will! There are a lot of people who have put a lot into this...and we are thrilled you are coming!

Pete is kind of a 914 snob.

He likes them.

Yes, yes I guess I am—in that I like them all. wink.gif

This event sounds a little snooty for me and my plain old 914-6 in signal orange.
I'll be at the Automobile Driving Museum event on September 15

Not sure what is snooty about a free show open to any Porsche in a cool color, a free 914 50th anniversary display on Saturday, inexpensive entry fees for Rare Shades (1/2 or far less than half of entry fees for Werks, Concours on the Ave, etc), or an inexpensive ticket to what should be a pretty neat panel discussion?

Hope you might reconsider, as a small team of enthusiasts have put a lot of time/money/effort into celebrating a long misunderstood sports car we love—and have literally invited anybody and everybody to join us on 9/14. As for a 914-6 in Signal Orange, there's nothing plain about that in my book—it's a nicer and more valuable 914 than I own, and it's a car that would stop me in my tracks if I saw it out in the wild. Your car would be welcomed at Rare Shades right alongside a 1974 911 in Gulf Blue, a 924 in Oak Green, a GT3 in Signal Yellow, or a Cayenne in Meerblau. We actually had a full-on purple Macan show up in Florida, and its owner was super fun to speak with. Every Rare Shades so far has been super casual and a lot of fun…
Larmo63
Looking forward to this event on Saturday!!!!!

cheer.gif
don-6
icon_bump.gif
drem914
Looking forward to seeing everyone coming. Can't wait. driving.gif
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.